Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

recall car

Views : 221

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 15th, 2022, 10:22   #1
Livmatz

Default recall car

Dear Volvo friend, I am asking for opinion and advice

My XC90 has been recalled and I have been advised to have the turbo section replaced, there was lack of communication on the side of the retailer garage and it took over 2 weeks, I needed to chase the progress several time, reasons for the delay were the lifting unit was broken and also a few bolts of the car were seized... i got the car back, me driving in the morning I noticed burned rubber small from the engine, nothing to see for me going wrong, then a warning that engine service is required
i honed the garage and they advised me to continue driving and to bring the car back the following morning, there might be just some sensors playing up..

after 1 h drive i retuned home, unloaded my stuff from the boot, the car was switched off, as i closed the boot the car tried to start, i went int the car and started it properly, then switched it off, i went with the key into the house, 30 min later, the builders knocked on my door, telling me that my car on the drive is having a problem, as i went out, key not even with me my car started the engine constantly, burned smell from engine compartment, the car stopped after 15 min, the emergency engineer came out half an hour later, could not start the car, he said its worn it self out, he disconnected everything as there was still on constant clicking from the engine area

the car went back to garage, since 5 days they don't know what's wrong, the communication is very fade, i still have got no curtsey car as promised

I am very upset and have lost my confidence in this garage
Livmatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 10:41   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livmatz View Post

My XC90 has been recalled and I have been advised to have the turbo section replaced, there was lack of communication on the side of the retailer garage and it took over 2 weeks, I needed to chase the progress several time, reasons for the delay were the lifting unit was broken and also a few bolts of the car were seized... i got the car back, me driving in the morning I noticed burned rubber small from the engine, nothing to see for me going wrong, then a warning that engine service is required
i honed the garage and they advised me to continue driving and to bring the car back the following morning, there might be just some sensors playing up..

after 1 h drive i retuned home, unloaded my stuff from the boot, the car was switched off, as i closed the boot the car tried to start, i went int the car and started it properly, then switched it off, i went with the key into the house, 30 min later, the builders knocked on my door, telling me that my car on the drive is having a problem, as i went out, key not even with me my car started the engine constantly, burned smell from engine compartment, the car stopped after 15 min, the emergency engineer came out half an hour later, could not start the car, he said its worn it self out, he disconnected everything as there was still on constant clicking from the engine area

the car went back to garage, since 5 days they don't know what's wrong, the communication is very fade, i still have got no curtsey car as promised

You need to keep in contact with the garage twice a day for updates , I assume it is a main volvo dealer in which case they should be putting the car back in working condition at no cost to you .

But there may be other things to consider as we don't know the whole story .
Good Luck
Old Jun 15th, 2022, 11:27   #3
SnineT
Extrahumanestrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livmatz View Post

Was the car running at full throttle without you having even got in it and fired the engine?

2 things from what you have said already

1 - It's the dpf was doing a regen assuming the car is a diesel and you stopped it halfway through, this will give you the stink and the cooling fan run on

2 - The new turbo has gone runaway and used the engine oil as fuel, normally if this happens the engine goes pop and seizes up, you'd know all about it as the engine would be on the redline and there would be smoke pouring out the tail pipe

The clicking could be the heat shields cooling down, ticking or clicking?

I assume this wasn't bought from a main dealer?

Hope you get it sorted out ok but it does sound a bit Onyerway Motors tbh.
SnineT is offline   Reply With Quote