Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Shall I or shall I Not

Views : 1981

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2024, 18:26   #11
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James77 View Post
Agree with some of this. However, to xc60 not in the same league is nonsense. V90 maybe flagship model on paper but were very heavily discounted as they couldn't shift them they are less desirable and exactly the sane car in terms of tech but on a larger lower platform.

Agree its madness to change the loss in load capacity and rear legroom will be noticeable that said there is loads of room the the back of an xc60 for adults the main loss is load depth but gain load height.

I'm my view flagship is the xc90.
Its not just your view, its the view of Volvo. The XC90 is the "daddy" of the SUV's that they produce, the XC60 is mid-range and the XC40 is the baby.

The flagship saloon is the S90 and the flagship estate is the V90. Therefore, if the XC60 is mid-range, it can't be compared to a top of the range V90... two different vehicles. The XC90 would be fairer comparison to the V90, if SUV's and estates can be compared. I don't believe the XC60 and V90 are the same either... the seats are nicer in the V90 for a start.

Every man and his dog wanted an SUV, hence the discontinuing of estates.
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 18:44   #12
sk546
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev0607 View Post
the seats are nicer in the V90 for a start.
I couldn't disagree with you more on this point. It very much depends on what spec XC60 you have.
The interior on my Polestar Engineered XC60 (formerly top sports spec level until Volvo discontinued it in the UK for MY23) is every bit as plush as any V90 or XC90, fully stitched leather dash (although its probably a synthetic leather these days but looks as good as my previous car that did have a leather dash) and the seats are the best and most comfortable I have had in any car I've owned, both super supportive and luxurious on long journey's at the same time. They are better on both scores than my previous Audi RS6.

For me when comparing top spec XC60's to top spec XC90's/V90's, the only real difference is size and if you need 7 seats or not which the XC90 can provide.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20th, 2024, 04:19   #13
Kugaman1

Yup, I agree with SK546.

I’ve got an xc60 r design pro.
When it was in for a service in October, I had a good long sit in the xc90 ultimate that was in the showroom.

I can guarantee there was not a single aspect of that cars interior that was better quality than my xc60.
In fact 95% of the interior was identical.
Kugaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2024, 16:20   #14
zork

1.Arent the seats the same if we are talking about the same spec on XC60 vs XC90/V90? I thought they are!!!

2.As far as I remember there was a thread around here about dead battery problem on mild hybrid cars and there were a lot of users with this problem when car was left alone only for a few days ... So: I would check that thread for more info and the car too before jumping on it...

Good luck!
zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2024, 18:15   #15
Kugaman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zork View Post
1.Arent the seats the same if we are talking about the same spec on XC60 vs XC90/V90? I thought they are!!!

2.As far as I remember there was a thread around here about dead battery problem on mild hybrid cars and there were a lot of users with this problem when car was left alone only for a few days ... So: I would check that thread for more info and the car too before jumping on it...

Good luck!
I think the battery issue is on the full hybrids, not the mild hybrids.
Old Jan 21st, 2024, 20:08   #16
zork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugaman1 View Post
I think the battery issue is on the full hybrids, not the mild hybrids.
rrrr....nope... it's the 'brand new' mild hybrids...It seems that even 2023 are having problems... pity
zork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2024, 01:36   #17
Kugaman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zork View Post
rrrr....nope... it's the 'brand new' mild hybrids...It seems that even 2023 are having problems... pity
Sorry, yes I did some searching and can see what you mean!

Seems it’s only on google cars, not Sensus cars. Also several people mention it was traced to the shark fin aerial.

No idea, mines a Sensus car and has been perfect…..(touches wood)…
Old Jan 22nd, 2024, 13:32   #18
rmvm

Hi. After everyones comments and ideas I thought it only right to update everyone "Shall I or Not" Well. I have actually done the deal and exchanged my 2021 V90 Cross country with 28000 miles for a 2021 XC60 B5 diesel Inscription Plus with 23000. I got a slightly better deal than the original, for instance I got 2 years warranty, two years free servicing, road tax for 12 months, originally when I first looked at the car it had 22" wheels, the company have agreed to fit 20" wheels which is my preference.

I also had fitted a Volvo electric tow-bar so the deal worked out slightly better than the original, I am happy with the car and I hope it will be as good towing and be just as reliable as my out going V90 Cross country. Thanks for all your comments and opinions.

Cheers Roy
Old Jan 22nd, 2024, 13:35   #19
Kugaman1

Thanks for the update!
Enjoy your xc60, they really are great cars.

Always nice to get some varied opinions before committing.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kugaman1 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 22nd, 2024, 16:22   #20
Kev0607
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more on this point. It very much depends on what spec XC60 you have.
The interior on my Polestar Engineered XC60 (formerly top sports spec level until Volvo discontinued it in the UK for MY23) is every bit as plush as any V90 or XC90, fully stitched leather dash (although its probably a synthetic leather these days but looks as good as my previous car that did have a leather dash) and the seats are the best and most comfortable I have had in any car I've owned, both super supportive and luxurious on long journey's at the same time. They are better on both scores than my previous Audi RS6.

For me when comparing top spec XC60's to top spec XC90's/V90's, the only real difference is size and if you need 7 seats or not which the XC90 can provide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugaman1 View Post
Yup, I agree with SK546.

I’ve got an xc60 r design pro.
When it was in for a service in October, I had a good long sit in the xc90 ultimate that was in the showroom.

I can guarantee there was not a single aspect of that cars interior that was better quality than my xc60.
In fact 95% of the interior was identical.
Fair point about the comfort levels varying depending on what spec you have.

However, I disagree in certain aspects. Driving an XC90 is different to driving an XC60. Its not just size that's the difference, its built different in terms of soundproofing for example. XC90's aren't just dearer because they're bigger... The same applies to other models. You have the flagship model, then the models below. That's not being harsh, its the reality of it. A flagship model isn't the same as the models below. It may seem that cars are identical, but they aren't. You can't just sit in one and say "Oh, its the same". There's a price difference for a reason, and, that isn't simply due to size.

For example with my own car. I've driven an S60, which looks similar, but not as big as the S80. I can assure you that my car drives different... its better insulated for a start. Not that there's anything wrong with an S60, but you can tell the difference to the flagship model then to the one below it.

Last edited by Kev0607; Jan 22nd, 2024 at 16:40.
Kev0607 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kev0607 For This Useful Post: