Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60 R-Design Wheel

Views : 734

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 23rd, 2018, 19:53   #1
tbutler180

Default S60 R-Design Wheel

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a bit of help, hit a pothole and cracked a wheel, contacted Volvo who would like me to pay an enormous amount of money.

I started looking on line and found many sites selling older wheels which look identical but the par number is always different so I am not to sure what the difference are.

1. Is there a place in the UK where I can source a more reasonably priced replacement wheel.

2. What are all the numbers on the back of the wheel and what do they all mean?

3. If I try E-bay etc does the wheel have to exactly the part number or are any interchangeable?

Any suggestions or thoughts gratefully accepted.

Regards

Trevor
tbutler180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23rd, 2018, 20:49   #2
Zebster
Upstanding Member

It would help to know the exact model and year of your car.

I'm also on the lookout for a couple of replacement wheels for my car, due to a couple of them having previous kerb damage. My R-Design model has 18" Ixion wheels, part number 31362188... this number is stamped onto the inside surface of one of the wheel spokes. Your wheel number will have a similar eight-number format (and will probably start with a 3).

I'm finding they do pop up on eBay, but often needing refurb or too far for me to collect.

Confusingly I have also found that there is a range of practically identical-looking Ixion wheels used on various Volvo models with matching diameters and offsets, but with differing part numbers. Maybe the centre bore is different, as older Volvos did have a larger size?

I definitely wouldn't substitute a wheel with a different part number, but maybe a set if the diameter/offset/centre bore figures were correct.
Old Nov 23rd, 2018, 21:05   #3
1monkey600

There are two principal things to worry about with wheel fitments (apart from the design of course)

1/Overall dimensions:
Width, diametre and offset. Usually stamped on back of wheel eg 7.5x18x55(ET)

2/hub fitment:
Number of bolts/nuts, PCD (diameter to centre of bolt holes),hub diameter. I don't know if these numbers are stamped inside the volvo wheels. Eg 5x108x73

Volvo changed hub size, and therefore diametre of the large hole in the centre of the wheels, in mid to late 2000's (although I think the PCD stayed the same), after Ford bought them and started basing the new models on Ford platforms like the Focus and Mondeotook, so this could be why you are finding older wheels with different part numbers. If everything else is the same you can get adaptor rings to fit the older pre-Ford wheels to the newer era cars.

I think Part numbers can also change when different wheel manufacturers are used by the car maker to make the same parts.
Look here for various options on part numbers:
https://www.ipdusa.com/techtips/1012...ross-reference
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24th, 2018, 10:56   #4
tbutler180

There is a guy on Ebay currently selling two of those wheels with the same part number as yours (31362188) which I was looking at until I found the part number on mine was slightly different.

I have a 2011 S60 R Design, the wheel details are ET55 - 8Jx18xH2, Part number 31317640
tbutler180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5th, 2018, 23:54   #5
avonhockey4

I'm in the same situation as Trevor, hit a nasty pothole and have to replace a wheel. The product number that I have is 31362188 on a 2012 R-Design. However, when I look online, the closest I can find (before they changed from gray to black) is 31317640.

Anyone able to confirm if those are the same or close to the same wheel?
avonhockey4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
part numbers, s60, wheel size