Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Breaking a 2000 Volvo S40 1.6 Petrol Phase 2 (Cheap prices)

Views : 15035

Replies : 92

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2010, 21:19   #1
gatos
Premier Member

Default Breaking a 2000 Volvo S40 1.6 Petrol Phase 2 (Cheap prices)

I bought a 2000 Volvo S40 1.6 Petrol Phase 2 to break and take parts I needed for my other 2002 Volvo S40 1.9 Diesel.

I thought it would be more fun and more economical to get all the parts I needed from one car rather than search for each one of them.

I have mainly removed trims interior/exterior stuff and the engine is practically untouched

I live in East London/Essex (IG11 area) very near the A406 and A13 Junction. You are more than welcome to come over and help yourself to what you need. Alternatively you can ask for a part and a quote for price (or make an offer) and postage and i will see what i can do.

Here are some of the parts I have for sale but if there is anything specific you want, you can drop me a line and I will see if I have it.

Instrument panel (with 96,000-97,000 on the clock)

left hand side mirror (right hand side mirror is missing the mirror bit and I dont know if it is working properly or not, so i can throw it in for free)

left hand side mirror

left hand side mirror

Centre console bit (not sure what it is called)

Topview of Centre console bit (not sure what it is called)

Glovebox

Glovebox

All four door panels

a close up of the material of the door panels

Also if needed all interior seats are available in the same colour

Windscreen mirror

Ermmm.... me having a bit of fun removing the entire dashboard. Air con unit can be seen on the left. If you need any other components, ask me and i can post more close ups

Bonnet in very good condition. Grille is not in such a good condition and needs respraying

3 tyres with Alloys. The thread is 7.5-8 mm deep so practically new. The alloys are not in teh best condition to be honest but would look great with a good sanding and spraying. The 4th alloy n the front right is damaged beyond use

Rear bumper in good condition. Usual marks for a 9 year old car. Needs a wash really

Left hand side indicator light in good condition. Also removed one foglight (i will do the other one too). Please note that the fog light elevation plastic thingy is broken

1.6l engine 96,000-97,000 miles. I only removed the air filter container which is also for sale and the battery base

Screenwash container with pump and hoses

Last edited by gatos; Apr 30th, 2010 at 21:21. Reason: added more info
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 21:42   #2
Baffler
Premier Member

Would you be willing to box up that center console, the handbrake lever assembly, the various screws/studs and post it to southern Ireland? I imagine postage to be approx £15...

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2010, 22:40   #3
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
Would you be willing to box up that center console, the handbrake lever assembly, the various screws/studs and post it to southern Ireland? I imagine postage to be approx £15...
Hi baffler

What sort of price do you have in mind for the parts?
I am going to have a look at the Gear stick assembly tomorrow and check how easy it is to remove. Tomorrow when the sun comes out, I will also clean the centre console parts and send you a couple of pics with what I will include. Just to let you know though that the small drawer for the back seats is not present.

I will also have to disassemble my other S40 to see what screws go where and I am going to send you a few images to help putting it together.

I looked quickly for delivery prices and found the two following
If the stuff is less than 10kg then this one: £13.79 (Excluding VAT at 17.5%)
http://www.parcel2ship.co.uk/acatalo...HL-Pickup.html

Or if it is over 10kg: £16.99 Including VAT
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Parcel-Deliver...item3eff13952d

or this one: £18.79 (Excluding VAT at 17.5%)
http://www.parcel2ship.co.uk/acatalo...ckup-30KG.html

I won't even dare checking with Parcel Force as last time i tried to send a large package to Sweden they charged me a fortune
Old May 1st, 2010, 02:05   #4
Baffler
Premier Member

Wow...postage costs really take the fun out of buying stuff over the net.

I want to upgrade my phase 1 center console so I need the handbrake assembly with the center console...(not the gear lever!) There should be a metal U bracket bolted to the floor that holds the arm-rest end of the console, I need this too, although it may be that same bracket as the phase 1.

Don't worry about pictures or cleaning, just try and get it into the smallest box possible without damaging it

I don't want to insult you with an offer so PM me what you'd expect for these bits and bobs.

Cheers...

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.

Last edited by Baffler; May 1st, 2010 at 02:08.
Old May 1st, 2010, 14:27   #5
gatos
Premier Member

Hi Baffler

Here are the photos of the whole thing and also the handbrake. (not gear lever silly me)

I also included a photo of the u bend you were talking about and managed to remove it too. Let me know if it is the same as the one you have and if not, i will include it too. I don't think the weight is more than 5 kilos for the whole lot, so I will try to get a better quote.

As i mentioned to you you can see the only small part that is missing on the back of the console. It is the cover for the rear passengers drawer.

Is £40 plus postage a reasonable price for you?

Old May 1st, 2010, 17:17   #6
Baffler
Premier Member

Thanks for going to such trouble. That handbrake frame/assembly is different to the phase 1 models.

You have PM...

Old May 1st, 2010, 18:29   #7
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Thanks for going to such trouble. That handbrake frame/assembly is different to the phase 1 models.

You have PM...
No problem Baffler

Price is agreed then so I can send it to you. I am going to get some bubble wrap from work on Tuesday so I can ship it out to you on Wednesday.

Before we go ahead with it though, if you want, i can measure the distance from the different holes and let you know so you can check if they match your phase 1 car. There is no point you wasting your money for something that might not fit. Let me know what you think.
Old May 1st, 2010, 18:48   #8
Baffler
Premier Member

I imagine it will fit but I might have to modify various parts of the bracket. I doubt Volvo changed the locating holes in the floor section, easier for them to design a new bracket, hence the reason I need the whole assembly.

Old May 1st, 2010, 19:23   #9
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
I imagine it will fit but I might have to modify various parts of the bracket. I doubt Volvo changed the locating holes in the floor section, easier for them to design a new bracket, hence the reason I need the whole assembly.
I hope so. I remember a few years ago when i was also thinking of replacing the phase 1 console with the phase 2 one, but I never found all the bits together at a good price. And back then i was not aware of the Volvo forums. Now, i do .

If the holes on the floor are the same, are the same, then you are not going to have any problems. As far as i can remember from my phase 1 old Volvo, the handbrake was positioned in a slightly different angle, but i could be wrong. I guess you will let me know how it went, when you fit it in.

The only thing i need to figure out now is how to secure the handbrake since i took out the lever. lol. It will be fun
Old May 1st, 2010, 20:05   #10
Baffler
Premier Member

Now you can put that one redbrick, the one you've never thrown away, to good use