Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > PV, 120 (Amazon), 1800 General > PV, 120, 1800 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

desperately seeking... P210 / P220

Views : 1370

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 31st, 2008, 17:05   #1
dfs76

Default desperately seeking... P210 / P220

Is this the right forum? I'm assuming the Ps don't come under the 200 series forum but it really does show how much I know.

Anyway, I'm looking for a P210 or 220 for everyday use - must be mechanically sound but otherwise I'm happy to do some work. Would prefer a 'look after/tweak' to a restoration project but I don't need anything too pretty. Any help, advice, offers gratefully received.
dfs76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 18:44   #2
Audrey Old
VOC Member

Default Seeking a 210/220

There is a bit of difference between a 210 and a 220: the former is the rare Duett estate version of the PV544 two-door beetle-back saloon, and is always LHD. whereas the latter is the original specification for the Amazon 4-door Estate. These are more prolific in England, and are sought-after nowadays because of their capacity, ease of driving and spares availability.

If you want one of the former, the magazine Classic Car Weekly has had a private advertisement for a 1961 Duett in it for about 3 weeks now, at £2750. We may sell our Amazon Estate if a carrot is dangled, as we really have far too many cars now....

Hope this helps you to clarify your desire.

Paul
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 13:00   #3
dfs76

Default thanks for the clarification

I suppose I was thinking I'd prefer a Duet but would be happy with an Amazon Estate as I suspected they'd be more common. In all truth, though, I'd be over the moon with either - I've always loved old Volvos and my 2001 Picasso just isn't doing it for me. I'm a relative newcomer to the Volvo field, though, having only had old Morrises before, so all advice is welcome. As, of course, are cars for sale!
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 21:11   #4
Audrey Old
VOC Member

Default P210/220 wanted

I seem to have started a rush, me and my big mouth! Anyway, I have a few digital pics of my former show Amazon Estate, which hasn't been on the road these last couple of years now. If interested PM me with your email address as this little lap-top can't put pics onto Forums - it can only send pics singly anyway.

I occasionally drive the car around my storage area, otherwise its always garaged, but I'll describe it more to all interested parties directly.

What am I contemplating - I've had her for nearly 25 years now.....

Paul
Audrey Old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2008, 14:42   #5
dfs76

Default views

How many of the 73 views are also looking for one I wonder?!
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 19:35   #6
dfs76

Default still hoping...

I might add (should any of you lucky estate drivers ever decide to part with yours) that I'm most interested in an unmodified car. Upgrades like overdrives etc would be fine but I'm interested in old, not old-made-new! A bit of a shame given that all three estates on the market in the last few weeks have been modified... Ho hum!
Old Sep 28th, 2008, 23:29   #7
loon

i have a basket case of an amazon estate and i can lay my hands on another estate that requires finishing, i.e check over and a respray

LN
loon is offline   Reply With Quote