Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo owners club insurance scheme via chris knott insurance

Views : 198024

Replies : 311

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 21st, 2011, 12:29   #31
ChrisKnottIns
Trader

LATEST NEWS

Hi
Just to let you know that the scheme now allows modified vehicles with an increase of up to 50bhp.

Best wishes

VOC Insurance is administered by Chris Knott Insurance

Simply call the VOC dedicated quoteline on 0800 023 4374 for your free no-obligation quote and see how much you could save.
ChrisKnottIns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 13:59   #32
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimatChrisKnott View Post
LATEST NEWS

Hi
Just to let you know that the scheme now allows modified vehicles with an increase of up to 50bhp.

Best wishes

Im so excited i think i've wet myself!

Last edited by S60D5-185; Jan 21st, 2011 at 16:02.
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 14:46   #33
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

To be fair to Chris Knott,

I shopped around, couldn't get a better quote, I asked a specific question about if like for like replacement on modifications was convered in a dead loss situation, the woman said no - just market value, and to be careful of other companies mis-selling their products in that respect.

I approached adrian flux, got a similar quote - and they said it DID cover like for like replacement of modifications on a write off/dead loss.

Took out a policy with them, got the 54 page document, read it cover to cover only to discover they had LIED and the policy wording specifically said "market value in the event of a total loss"

So ... Adrian Flux lied, and mis-sold me a product deliberately (the woman at Adrian Flux double checked with her manager to 'confirm' my policy did cover like for like replacement on a write off, what a ****ing liar!)

I've sent a letter to Adrian flux about this, and intend to get the postal address of one of their directors, I hate people who are Fraudsters and liars and I like getting ripped off even less.

So, I ended up coming back to Chris Knott.

They're not perfect, but the woman on the phone certainly stopped me getting a very nasty surprise later down the track after being LIED to and mis-sold by another company.

So - thanks to Chris Knott, who gave impartial advice - you just need someone to post on here who doesn't **** off all the forum users and you're cooking on gas

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Last edited by t5_monkey; Jan 21st, 2011 at 14:49.
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 15:58   #34
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5_monkey View Post
To be fair to Chris Knott,

So - thanks to Chris Knott, who gave impartial advice - you just need someone to post on here who doesn't **** off all the forum users and you're cooking on gas

You might just be on to something here.

I seem to remember that the Chief Executive of BP P****D everyone of with his comments following the Disaster in the Gulf of Mexico. He resigned (SACKED) as he was essentially an embarassment to the company.

Now i wonder if Tim were to

Darryl
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 18:39   #35
ushes

Honest opinion here, I insured with Chris Knott just the other day for the first time, slightly cheaper than my cheapest quote and about £60 less than my renewal notice from Admiral. May have had second thoughts had I read this first.
Had one run in with one chap I spoke to though, I told him my cheapest quote (299) and they offered to beat it, fine. He then asked my renewal figure (340) and I gave him that too, fine. He then got very confused and said in an angry voice "SIR, YOU'VE JUST TOLD ME YOUR CHEAPEST QUOTE WAS 299, NOW YOU'RE SAYING 340".

ARS*hole

That apart the rest of it went OK, maybe I'll find out how good/bad they are if I ever need to claim ?

Regards
Steve
ushes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2011, 00:33   #36
nm1985
Rated "R"

I would have ended the cal there and then with him.

As said earlier, if they are treating peope like sh1t as a new customer, can you imagine the hassle if you need to claim.

My opinion is to avoid them

2005 V70R - Sonic Blue - SOLD
nm1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 15:00   #37
tannachyallen
240SE

Unhappy

One of the reasons I joined the VOC was for the insurance scheme. At the time it halved what I was previously paying. However my latest renual jumped to £250 from £170 for the basic premium and was £320 in total with various add ons. I have not renued!

I have joined the VEC and have insured with Footman James for £158 on their classic car scheme. This includes agreed value, unlimited milage and UK breakdown.

I think Chris Knott are going to have to up their game and the VOC needs to review what it calls 'Club' insurance.

240 SE Auto 1991
tannachyallen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to tannachyallen For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 7th, 2011, 20:19   #38
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tannachyallen View Post
One of the reasons I joined the VOC was for the insurance scheme. At the time it halved what I was previously paying. However my latest renual jumped to £250 from £170 for the basic premium and was £320 in total with various add ons. I have not renued!

I have joined the VEC and have insured with Footman James for £158 on their classic car scheme. This includes agreed value, unlimited milage and UK breakdown.

I think Chris Knott are going to have to up their game and the VOC needs to review what it calls 'Club' insurance.

I think the natural question now arising is:-

How does an Insurance Company become the Club's recommended choice and MORE importantly remain so, given their perceived poor customer service and renewal rates ?

My comments are based on many recent negative posts on this very forum.

Either i am missing something, or complacency and apathy in relation to "Chris Knotts " seeming inability/desire to provide special or indeed even remotely adequately competitive quotations have become the norm!

Personally, i will never again even waste my time with them as i consistently do FAR better elsewhere.

So why are they the Clubs Choice?

Anyone care to answer?

Darryl

Last edited by S60D5-185; Feb 7th, 2011 at 22:12.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to S60D5-185 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 00:38   #39
foggyjames
300 Register Keeper

I think the short answer is that it's a pretty bloody good question...and one which you're quite right to ask.

On a similar (but unrelated to CK) note...

I did a few quotes tonight (not with CK...they were online), and I still can't get my head around how a V70 D5 can be nearly twice as expensive to insure as my V70R.

Notes:
1) For the uninitiated, an R is quite a bit faster than a D5 (at least as standard).
2) I can't imagine that repair costs are that different. They're very similar cars, really.
3) Even halving the value of the D5 appeared to make almost no difference to the quote.
4) This is still making my brain hurt.

Conclusion:
I'd love to have a chat with an actuary, because, as far as I can tell, they smoke crack before going to work...

cheers

James

'13 V70 D4 SE Lux
'89 740 Turbo Intercooler
'88 360 Turbo Intercooler
'84 360 GLT
'81 343 GLS R-Sport
'79 343 DL
'70 164
foggyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to foggyjames For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 8th, 2011, 14:48   #40
barkster1971
VOC Member

Default power

I think a lot of insurers are hitting the pipe recently. My wife's Fiesta was £170 to insure last year. This year the cheapest I could find was £200. Now she has an extra years no claims and the car is a year older and worth less so logically it should have been less than £170. As regards to the postcode lottery I wonder if the new map of crime which shows the amount of car crime will have any bearing on the matter? Bury is a s&*8hole apparently!
Anyway regarding increased power in a turbo car. If the mbc is at 15psi more than stock then the car could potentially have at least a 50bhp increase. Without putting it on a dyno how do the insurers guess what final bhp the mod will give? I could easily turn my mbc down to provide 2 psi of boost and therefore give my car less power than stock.
Does the bhp increase have to be permenant to qualify for a performance gain?
Guess I should not (probably cough) put in a new ECU with the words "chipped" written on it !
barkster1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to barkster1971 For This Useful Post: