Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help Please looking to order an xc60 company car

Views : 2153

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 12th, 2015, 20:04   #11
ashadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
The Family Pack is a great option. I stepped in and added them to my father's XC90 D4 SE order. Being a granddad he's a bit Old School when it comes to car safety (never did me any harm etc) but now he wouldn't be without them when transporting my 7 and 4 year old boys.
I agree excellent option if you have 2 small kids.
Old Jun 12th, 2015, 21:25   #12
Bantambuddy
VOC Member

Talking Questions on XC60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrboroman View Post
Hiya Everyone, newbee here.

I had been looking at the golfs' and passatts but went for a look and drive of a couple of volvo's and seeing as though they are on my list i have a few questions.

I have the following available to order for me

D4 R-DGN NAV GT
D4 SE NAV GT

D4 SE LUX
D4 R -DGN NAV
D4SE NAV

The questions i have are below.

1. Do any of these models have the integrated child booster seats, my wife saw them in a colleagues car and loves them but the volvo website isnt clear.
Yes family pack needed for booster cushions grandkids love using them as they think they are special using them
2. Whats the auto box like, if i go for a manual i can probably order about £1500 of options I have a manual as better mpg also options may be better for you

3. the actual ride difference between r-design and se , is it much different. and how comfy are the seats in the standard se as they look like cloth seats compared to the other models alecantara and leather. The ride is slightly softer with the SESeats I would suggest are the comfiest in class

4. Options, seems like there are alot but which are the most useful?
If you will be doing a lot of motorway work I can recommend the adaptive cruise control as all you have to think about is steering the vehicle

any help would be great
JUST HAVE A TEST DRIVE AND THEN ORDER ONE AND DRIVE AROUND WITH A SMILE ON YOUR FACE
XC60 SE Lux Nav Manual D5 AWD Black Sapphire; Polestar; Family Pack; Driver Support Pack; Winter Pack with Active Bending Headlights; Front and Rear Parking Sensors; Privacy Glass; Diamondbrite;20" Wheels
Bantambuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2015, 12:56   #13
mrboroman

Thanks. Had a test drive of r design nav. Nice.

Have the se lux for the weekend next week.
Then i will decide.
mrboroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2015, 15:02   #14
ashadam

Quote:
Thanks. Had a test drive of r design nav. Nice.

Have the se lux for the weekend next week.
Then i will decide.
Manual or Auto, have you decided on colour yet.
Old Jun 24th, 2015, 20:09   #15
mrboroman

I have the choice of r design nav gt or se lux manual. Or se nav gt
Old Jun 24th, 2015, 20:44   #16
CDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrootleBootle View Post
On the XC60

FAMILY PACK - £295 inc vat
Integrated 2-Stage Booster Cushions x 2
Power Child Locks - Rear Doors

I don't think that you can buy the integrated booster cushions separately.

We looked at the family pack then decided against it (though will go for the Power Child Locks for £85) as we'll probably use proper Isofix car seats for longer journeys and regular removable booster cushions for shorter ones.
Family pack also changes the reaction of the seatbelts and the design of the airbags around the rear seat, making it more child-friendly. Would not be without it for my little adult - 5 year old. Agree that for long journeys you do need to find a way to support a sleepy head.
CDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CDJ For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 24th, 2015, 22:25   #17
ashadam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDJ View Post
Agree that for long journeys you do need to find a way to support a sleepy head.
This might help.

http://www.swedishcaraccessories.co....c70-1609-p.asp
Old Jun 25th, 2015, 13:12   #18
FrootleBootle

In terms of deciding R Design vs SE. We test drove both and concluded that the black headliner of the R Design made the interior feel claustrophobic. But I guess it's up to you to make a call on that.

We also preferred the seats of the SE and cos the "decision maker of the household" wanted electric seats we're going to go for the SE Lux (in fact the SE LUX Nav).

From your list of available models I'd go for the SE Nav GT as the D4 VEA engine and GT gearbox is a great combination.

When test driving make sure that you try the sport mode, it's fun
FrootleBootle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FrootleBootle For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 12th, 2015, 17:26   #19
mrboroman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrootleBootle View Post
In terms of deciding R Design vs SE. We test drove both and concluded that the black headliner of the R Design made the interior feel claustrophobic. But I guess it's up to you to make a call on that.

We also preferred the seats of the SE and cos the "decision maker of the household" wanted electric seats we're going to go for the SE Lux (in fact the SE LUX Nav).

From your list of available models I'd go for the SE Nav GT as the D4 VEA engine and GT gearbox is a great combination.

When test driving make sure that you try the sport mode, it's fun
Had the choice taken away. I can still have the se nav gt but the rd nav gt and se lux options have now dossapeared off my available list.

So now its either a standard rd nav manual or se nav auto.

Choice taken from me. Se nav gt. In silver for me with family pack. Can have a couple ofmoreoptions up to 500 to decide on but. Hey ho decision taken
Old Jul 13th, 2015, 09:06   #20
FrootleBootle

Quote:
Choice taken from me. Se nav gt. In silver for me with family pack. Can have a couple ofmoreoptions up to 500 to decide on but. Hey ho decision taken
I'm sure that you'll still be happy with it.

We ordered the SE Lux Nav in Onyx Black with DSP, Winter Pack and a couple of other extras, contemplating getting the reversing camera added on now too.
FrootleBootle is offline   Reply With Quote