Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Classicswede

Views : 2285

Replies : 30

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 11th, 2020, 08:59   #1
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Default Classicswede

Has anyone had any issues with getting a refund from Dai at Classicswede?

He has always been my go to for Volvo parts as I've never had any issues with him but now I want a refund he isn't interested clearly.

I sent the parts back and they arrived on the 30th of June a couple of days later I asked if they had arrived knowing full well they had and he said "I haven't seen them yet". I replied saying they were delivered to your address on your website and arrived on Tuesday 30th at 1:35pm signed for by someone with the surname Jones. He then replied a few days ago saying he has the items yet still no refund. He is now ignoring my PMs and I have sent an email which has been ignored too!

Screenshot_20200701-155734_Chrome by Luke Ryland - Flickr2BBcode LITE

It's not the only issue too, I bought KYB gas dampers for my brothers 360 who lives in New Zealand, when they arrived I didn't even look in the parcel and forwarded them on. My brother has messaged me this morning saying he has fitted them because he needs his car back on the road but Dai has in fact sent oil filled dampers! What do you propose to do about this too Dai!!!

In my order I sent back I bought a cambelt tensioner

https://www.classicswede.co.uk/Cam_b..._14201461.aspx

Note the description says "quality Dayco"... so why did I receive a Mapco product?

If this is how he treats loyal customers then he won't be getting any custom from me anymore.

Luckily I paid with a credit card and the value was over £100 so if he hasn't refunded me by the end of the weekend I will be getting the bank involved and filling out a section 75 claim from.
360beast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 11:19   #2
volvo always
Premier Member

Nothing to do with any orders but I was interested in a set of leather seats 2 weeks ago with him replying he has a set.

Said he would send pictures but none sent over the previous weekend. I sent a PM on the Monday. Not had a reply, even though he has been on here since.

James
volvo always is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo always For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 11:35   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
Has anyone had any issues with getting a refund from Dai at Classicswede?

He has always been my go to for Volvo parts as I've never had any issues with him but now I want a refund he isn't interested clearly.

I sent the parts back and they arrived on the 30th of June a couple of days later I asked if they had arrived knowing full well they had and he said "I haven't seen them yet". I replied saying they were delivered to your address on your website and arrived on Tuesday 30th at 1:35pm signed for by someone with the surname Jones. He then replied a few days ago saying he has the items yet still no refund. He is now ignoring my PMs and I have sent an email which has been ignored too!

Screenshot_20200701-155734_Chrome by Luke Ryland - Flickr2BBcode LITE

It's not the only issue too, I bought KYB gas dampers for my brothers 360 who lives in New Zealand, when they arrived I didn't even look in the parcel and forwarded them on. My brother has messaged me this morning saying he has fitted them because he needs his car back on the road but Dai has in fact sent oil filled dampers! What do you propose to do about this too Dai!!!

In my order I sent back I bought a cambelt tensioner

https://www.classicswede.co.uk/Cam_b..._14201461.aspx

Note the description says "quality Dayco"... so why did I receive a Mapco product?

If this is how he treats loyal customers then he won't be getting any custom from me anymore.

Luckily I paid with a credit card and the value was over £100 so if he hasn't refunded me by the end of the weekend I will be getting the bank involved and filling out a section 75 claim from.
You might be interested to know that "gas" dampers are just like any other damper with oil in them .. they just have pressurised gas in the top which prevents the oil from getting bubbles in it when the going gets tough on a rally or a race . you don't need them for road use.
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 11:40   #4
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I honestly do not know what to say here.

We were mid discussion on something else at the same time.

You emailed yesterday and due to no response within 24hrs here you are to complain!

It can take upto 5 working days to see the refund on your account
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 12:09   #5
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicswede View Post
I honestly do not know what to say here.

We were mid discussion on something else at the same time.

You emailed yesterday and due to no response within 24hrs here you are to complain!

It can take upto 5 working days to see the refund on your account
Then why have I only just received an email saying you have sent a refund? Especially given the fact you had the items back ten days ago!

No response on the non gas dampers or Mapco bearings I see.

You also didn't reply to a couple of my messages in whatsapp even though you have clearly received them and the private messages.

I have also spoken to Mark who said he had to constantly email you to get a refund.
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 12:10   #6
360beast
Go redblock or go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
You might be interested to know that "gas" dampers are just like any other damper with oil in them .. they just have pressurised gas in the top which prevents the oil from getting bubbles in it when the going gets tough on a rally or a race . you don't need them for road use.
My brother uses his 360 for autocross hence wanting gas dampers.
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 12:14   #7
360beast
Go redblock or go home

And another thing! All of the messages that I have sent you asking about the redund are conveniently the ones that have been ignored!
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 12:43   #8
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

I honestly have no interest in getting involved in a tit for tat squabble. I had deleted all the forum messages from you after I last replied to you as I considered you someone who I would have no need to keep the messages from.
I had been waiting on the reply from you about the pedal box so I can then sort with you over the finances. Anyway very clear now you just wanted refunding to your car after the change of heart on the car
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 13:15   #9
360beast
Go redblock or go home

This thread has had the desired effect of you finally sending me a refund. You had already been told I cannot find the pedal box anywhere a few days ago and you had ignored that message too so I cannot see any reason for the delay in refunding.

I too have no interest in a tit for tat squabble but I do not appreciate being made out as a fussy bugger from not receiving a reply within 24 hours of your email when you had been ignoring all messages about the refund and had been active online.

I'm glad the refund side is all sorted but still no explanation on the oil dampers and Mapco bearing.
Old Jul 11th, 2020, 13:18   #10
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360beast View Post
My brother uses his 360 for autocross hence wanting gas dampers.
Many cars are fitted with gas dampers AS STANDARD for road use! I'd be pretty miffed if i ordered the gas dampers for mine and they sent me the plain oil-only dampers!

Granted the gas reduces bubbling in the oil but it also has a damping and cushioning effect itself so is able to damp minor undulations more effectively that just oil.

That asaide, if the customer orders gas dampers that's what should have been sent.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: