Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

cruise problem

Views : 353

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 19th, 2018, 01:47   #1
mackytom

Default cruise problem

I have just replaced my 2001 V70 with a 2015 XC70 . Don't seem able to get cruise control to work. Any suggestions?
mackytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 08:23   #2
37 RUBY
Master Member

I have a 2015 XC70 D5 auto

You dont describe what actions you make in trying to select cruise control or whether your vehicle is manual or auto.

On my vehicle whilst in drive at a constant speed, select the "Cruise" button first to activate it. There will be an icon appear in your dash display.
With foot throttle held steady press the "+" button which holds at the speed you are at. Subsequent presses of the "+" button increase cruise speed by 5mph. "-" button works to decrease. 'O' cancels. There is a further button to resume.

Very simple easy to use system which is better explained in the user manual.
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 09:45   #3
mackytom

Thanks 37 Ruby. The car is a D5 auto and the procedure you describe is exactly what I do, which is identical to the cruise on my old V70.
mackytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 10:26   #4
Big Ted

From memory, your seatbelt needs to be on before cruise will engage.
Big Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 11:41   #5
37 RUBY
Master Member

So something is inhibitting the cruise control from activating.

If the vehicle is new to you is this under warranty ? if so back to vendor time.

If not under warranty it is self diagnostic time. If you search for cruise control faults on Volvo the brake position switch is a popular topic.

let us know what you find.
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 14:41   #6
apersson850
Premier Member

At least for the adaptive cruise control, ESC (or DSTC) must be active. And the seat belt on, as mentioned above.
When starting the car, can you simply press the start button quickly and the car will by itself run the start procedure? That is, crank until the engine starts? If this doesn't work, but you have to hold the button until it has started (like with an old-fashioned ignition key), then that's a sign of a problem with the brake pedal sensors.
apersson850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2018, 16:49   #7
Semnoz

My cruise control wouldn't activate in the weeks leading up to a fault with the camshaft position sensor (which turned out to be a wiring fault).

Once the sensor became permanently faulty, the car would really struggle to start. Once I'd fixed the wiring it returned to perfect starts, and cruise control returned.

This was on my 10 year old V70....unlikely on a 2015 car though.....