Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New owner bewildered by DVD system

Views : 705

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 16:49   #1
Jetsetron

Default New owner bewildered by DVD system

Afternoon all, thanks for letting me join.

Just bought a 59 (2010) XC60 2.4 Drive. Very happy with the car, but completely lost with the DVD system, and a search hasn't come up with anything.

There's a DVD in the glovebox which sends a picture to the front screen, but I cannot get sound.

There's DVD screens in the rear headrests, they turn on and display the Volvo logo, but constantly say 'no disc', when there's a DVD in the glovebox player. There are a couple of Volvo logo'd headphones with the car.

I also found 2 USB inputs in the glovebox, and some sort of aux Connection in the centre console towards rear.

Could anyone shed any light on all this? I didn't take a DVD to the car viewing to test it all out.

Thanks in advance!
Jetsetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 16:55   #2
gooday

Our 2014 has the rear screens and you put a disc in the screen. (it may be different on the older model?!)

press the screen to pop it out and then the disc goes in the bottom. you can watch separate discs per screen or with the menu on the screen watch both screens the same.

hope that helps.
gooday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 17:22   #3
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Is it a Volvo system or aftermarket?
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 17:35   #4
Whiterdesign
Master Member

The 2009 model only had the 2 stand alone dvd rear screens available, but I wonder if it had the system shown in the following thread
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/archi...p/t-72969.html.
This would explain your sound problem as it used a fm modulator to transmit sound, so you would have to tune your radio into the set frequency. Try doing a fm search and see if you pick it up.
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 19:00   #5
Jetsetron

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rona...8C971.jpg.html

Thanks for the responses. This is the set up. There's a lip/button on the bottom of the rear screens, you push that in to release? And DVD slot inside there?

Any idea how to get sound in the front for the glovebox based player (front screen).

Appreciate the help!

Last edited by Jetsetron; Feb 22nd, 2018 at 19:05.
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 19:23   #6
Whiterdesign
Master Member

See my post above it could use an fm modulator, so will be played through your radio. Do a station search on fm and see if it picks anything up when cd playing, usually around 88 MHz
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 20:51   #7
Jetsetron

I'll give this advice a try when I'm back at the car next. I will probably need new headsets too, they're in ropey condition. I'm not sure what frequency is required on the wireless headphones, anyone any idea?

I've seen the Panasonic WF950's look like they could work.
Old Feb 22nd, 2018, 23:35   #8
Whiterdesign
Master Member

See this thread might help quess it will be same as xc90
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=64745
Old Feb 23rd, 2018, 08:48   #9
gooday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetsetron View Post
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/rona...8C971.jpg.html

Thanks for the responses. This is the set up. There's a lip/button on the bottom of the rear screens, you push that in to release? And DVD slot inside there?

Any idea how to get sound in the front for the glovebox based player (front screen).

Appreciate the help!
Hi this is different to the ones fitted to my xc60 so cant really help sorry
gooday is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gooday For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 27th, 2018, 21:37   #10
Jetsetron

Got home today from work, the rear screens do have DVD slots as suggested in each screen. Couldn't pop them out earlier as I've found the clips are partially damaged (used a trim removal tool tonight to get them from the flush position).

Both screens working with headsets.

Tried the front screen again, couldn't get the sound when scanning through FM channels. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!