Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

intank fuel pump

Views : 7624

Replies : 227

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 29th, 2019, 17:46   #111
atco

Default fuel pump

the colour on the fuel relay is green.its from charlton volvo centre no 283342220538 if that helps .also its got a plastic tank so its poss that the bolts are going to be ok.also ive got to get the idle sorted first to find out if the tacho is ok on the rev counter.i cant do today due to the weather down here so will take some time to empty first.and maybe take it of then to clean the inside and do a proper job
atco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 18:02   #112
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by atco View Post
the colour on the fuel relay is green.its from charlton volvo centre no 283342220538 if that helps .also its got a plastic tank so its poss that the bolts are going to be ok.also ive got to get the idle sorted first to find out if the tacho is ok on the rev counter.i cant do today due to the weather down here so will take some time to empty first.and maybe take it of then to clean the inside and do a proper job
What colour was the original relay and have you still got it? If so, have you tried the original relay again?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2019, 21:01   #113
atco

Default fuel pump

cant be sure about the colour think it was green also but a different make volvo or bosch.ive also got the old new one the the mobile engineer asked me to change and so i took that one out to try last night
Old May 29th, 2019, 21:16   #114
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Are you sure the original wasn't white?

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Old May 29th, 2019, 21:43   #115
atco

Default fuel pump

come to think about that yes it was white
Old May 29th, 2019, 22:16   #116
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

A green relay won't repalace a white relay. If you've still got it, put it back!

Then see if you can get a refund on the green one.

Old May 30th, 2019, 06:30   #117
atco

Default fuel pump

eny reason why that might be if it saying it fits a 740 then it should be ok but if thats what your saying then ill get a white one
Old May 30th, 2019, 07:39   #118
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
eny reason why that might be if it saying it fits a 740 then it should be ok but if thats what your saying then ill get a white one
Yes, it won't work!

It would be ok if you had electronic injection but you haven't, you have mechanical injection.

Kay has already told you this in this thread.

Just because it says it's for a 740 doesn't mean it's right, that's why we have been asking for engine codes, model year etc.

I just hope you haven't damaged the new green one by fitting it into a socket made for a white one.

Old May 30th, 2019, 07:40   #119
mocambique-amazone
Master Member

Quote:
A green one is the right one for a B230E!
I'm overtired totally and need to sleep. More later

For today: Remove the fuel support line from the k-jet inside the engine bay, put the fuel line into a sparent canister and get power to the fuel pump by the fuse or directly. Get out the old fuel. Don't buy E-related fuel.

Tacho-jump, better tacho-flickering?
The needle won't stay

Don't try to adjust anything till we find the problem. Seriously don't touch any adjustable part at the k-jet.

Good "night", Kay
mocambique-amazone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mocambique-amazone For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2019, 07:56   #120
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocambique-amazone View Post
A green one is the right one for a B230E!
I'm overtired totally and need to sleep. More later

For today: Remove the fuel support line from the k-jet inside the engine bay, put the fuel line into a sparent canister and get power to the fuel pump by the fuse or directly. Get out the old fuel. Don't buy E-related fuel.

Tacho-jump, better tacho-flickering?
The needle won't stay

Don't try to adjust anything till we find the problem. Seriously don't touch any adjustable part at the k-jet.

Good "night", Kay
Assuming it is a B230E. It had been running fine on a white one apparently until the fault occured. I think we need photos of the engine bay.

I have to confess i've got confused with this thread, don't know if i'm on foot or horseback with it!