Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

5 cylinder on petrol... and 4 on LPG

Views : 2576

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 4th, 2018, 08:28   #11
volvotwofortyfive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Jones View Post
Merry Christmas to you too . Much as I'd love to write it, I've got BRC and Prins conversions which don't suffer the problems of the factory fitted systems. My advice would be to rip out everything downstream of the tank and get a decent modern conversion.
Hello and Happy New Year to eveyone.

@ Simon Jones:
It's about five years that some mechanics suggest me the same: change the whole system. Given the situation of all Volvo-Necam systems, it could seems a reasonable solution; however too much often I hear different kind of problems on after market system, e.g. fuzzy behaviour of active injector and their relative revision/refurbishment or (an old but evergreen fashion) the conflict between original ECU and the added one for the gas. It sound strange but the only Volvo-Necam system's weak point is the stepper motor: CNG says his "treatment" makes it stronger than the original. That's why, as I can, I want send him mine to be fixed and "Highlanderized" (remember? the last immortal? Well, exactly it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
Don't talk bitch about it, write it. I wrote one once and they ignored my request to make it sticky.
Send you old core to me. Sorry I don't send out on spec anymore. No matter how large a deposit I take, the old cores don't come back. I owe nearly £900 to various owners around Europe in core-deposits. Which sounds very profitible, but in the end I run out of cores. So I can't send steppers. No cores, puts me out of business. Hence, £900 is no good to me, I'd much prefer to have the cores.

For thsoe that wish to continue driving whilst I repair I send you a blanking plate.

See my ebay offerings, buy my blanking-plate whilst I repair yours.
For more detail go to eBay.
@CNGBiFuel:
OK, as I can (not immediatly...) I'll send you my stepper motor. But I previous need to know costs and address. Does this forum provides a PM service? It's possible to have an ebay link of your "blanking-plate"? Thank you.
volvotwofortyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2018, 12:57   #12
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Although at the level I do these (or the price I charge compared to other sources) it could hardly be regarded as trading, yet I suspect I'll get knocked. Hence better I don't trade on here. I'm sure you'll find me if you're serious.

Blank off the thing before you start, then speak to me before committing to real monies. This will save us all time and hassle.

If not a P80, I'll tell you to move your stepper...

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Jan 15th, 2018 at 12:59.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote