Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Any interest in 1982 Volvo 244 GLT

Views : 1417

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 26th, 2018, 09:00   #1
Oakounce

Default Any interest in 1982 Volvo 244 GLT

Hello (new to forum),
I will keep it simple to start I live in France and when moved took with us our 1982 Volvo 244 GLT 2,3 litre automatic (RHD). Now done only 110k miles and been in dry garage for 20 years. Still runs but needs (I think) relatively minor overhaul to restore to pristine conditions. About to move to Sweden and decision time...sell, scrap (horror don't want too)..looking for genuine loving home...she is (in our eyes, beautiful)
Is there any interest out there or advice you can offer me...Thank you in advance...photos available and of course more history etc
Tim
Oakounce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2018, 12:42   #2
mentepazza

Save it!!! That would be a nice project. RHD not ideal outside Uk. it could be very cool in Sweden post some pictures.
mentepazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mentepazza For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 26th, 2018, 14:44   #3
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

If it is practicable, I agree with 'mentepazza'. If there is anywhere that I would care to drive a RHD car outside the UK, it would be Scandinavia. The less pressured driving style in Sweden (outside Stockholm and Gothenburg) makes it much more pleasant to live with than in mainland Europe.

Regards, John.
Old Dec 26th, 2018, 16:01   #4
jack taylor
Master Member

Hi, for what its worth I live in southern spain with my RHD 1998 V70 and never have any problems driving on the right provided mirrors are set up correctly.
jack taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26th, 2018, 23:20   #5
Oakounce

Hi Jack, you are right I drive a RHD MGTF for fun down in France...just need to be twice as careful overtaking on small roads...or don't (overtake I mean)
Old Dec 27th, 2018, 01:43   #6
grumpydad

Hi
yes interest
have you any pic and a price
I have sent you a PM with my
Email address

Thanks
grumpydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2018, 08:53   #7
kmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakounce View Post
Hello (new to forum),
I will keep it simple to start I live in France and when moved took with us our 1982 Volvo 244 GLT 2,3 litre automatic (RHD). Now done only 110k miles and been in dry garage for 20 years. Still runs but needs (I think) relatively minor overhaul to restore to pristine conditions. About to move to Sweden and decision time...sell, scrap (horror don't want too)..looking for genuine loving home...she is (in our eyes, beautiful)
Is there any interest out there or advice you can offer me...Thank you in advance...photos available and of course more history etc
Tim
Hello there, I'm also down in Lyon (currently my UK C30 is here with me), I don't see many old Volvos here and they're often beaten to death by French bump parking. Sounds like your one, has avoided the city life by living in a garage... Mine too, I also use TCL if heading into the city to avoid parking charges and such bumping buffoonery.

I would advise putting an ad on carandclassic.co.uk I think it's free and it def has good coverage.

GLWTS!

Last edited by kmb; Dec 28th, 2018 at 08:57.
kmb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kmb For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 28th, 2018, 14:39   #8
MY V70T5

can i see pictures?
MY V70T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28th, 2018, 23:54   #9
speedyG50

Prices in France are better than the UK .. so sell it there on one of their free "annonce" sites
speedyG50 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to speedyG50 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 29th, 2018, 21:30   #10
Oakounce

sure, please send me an email address, easier?