Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Lizard, is this your twin??

Views : 866

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2019, 17:02   #11
Yobbo
Dave

The number plates are horrific!!! But otherwise a rare manual at a real price.
Old Sep 11th, 2019, 20:09   #12
Markos01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobbo View Post
The number plates are horrific!!! But otherwise a rare manual at a real price.
Totally agree on both points!
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 17:01   #13
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Missed that due to my holidays, now its gone, damn. Anybody took the screenshot or have this in cache?
What version/year/price it was for?

thanks for the "ride stance ha ha" comments, bite me!

I totally disagree with :
"I honestly wouldn't bother, the weight and power loss via AWD far outweighs the benefits."
comment though, just for the record, as it can only come out off someone who cant engage AWD on his FWD car and is just helping himself with happy thoughts

VVVVvvvvrrroooommmmm

In most cases AWD is not needed, true that, but on wet/slippery/muddy/snowy roads on quick takeoffs it just works wonders even though you might not feel it. You will only feel it when it DOESNT work as your car become "holy Sh** why my nose is lurking around". Scientificly proven in real life by yours truly using hb AWD off mod
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 22:18   #14
FunkyMelon
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardOfBodom View Post
"I honestly wouldn't bother, the weight and power loss via AWD far outweighs the benefits."
comment though, just for the record, as it can only come out off someone who cant engage AWD on his FWD car and is just helping himself with happy thoughts
I'd take a bit of wheelspin in the wet rather than the tank stance any day

To be fair the FWD version rarely spins in the dry with good tyres. Does a bit in the wet but it's not too bad, doesnt have an aggressive enough torque curve to spin up unlike the older T4s/T5s which are pretty mental.
Old Sep 26th, 2019, 09:42   #15
Markos01

Quote:
Missed that due to my holidays, now its gone, damn. Anybody took the screenshot or have this in cache?
What version/year/price it was for?

thanks for the "ride stance ha ha" comments, bite me!

VVVVvvvvrrroooommmmm

In most cases AWD is not needed, true that, but on wet/slippery/muddy/snowy roads on quick takeoffs it just works wonders even though you might not feel it. You will only feel it when it DOESNT work as your car become "holy Sh** why my nose is lurking around". Scientificly proven in real life by yours truly using hb AWD off mod
Gutted you missed this LOB! I had a look but can't find it

It was in Northern Ireland IIRC... Was up for £1995 so a lot of car for the money I thought.
Old Sep 26th, 2019, 12:14   #16
LizardOfBodom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markos01 View Post
Gutted you missed this LOB! I had a look but can't find it

It was in Northern Ireland IIRC... Was up for £1995 so a lot of car for the money I thought.
Not bad, indeed. Was it fully drivable etc or any issues listed? Remember the year/version (sport trim or basic?) Someone got a nice bargain and a bit of a moneypit in the same time :P

FM: "To be fair the FWD version rarely spins in the dry with good tyres. Does a bit in the wet ...."
taking in consideration it rains here for like 400days a year... you get my point
As for torque curve - maybe it depends on driving style, but if I do FWD only on my car (and with traction control off, as always) it wheelspeen like crazy on 1-3th gear even on fresh set of Eagle F1's so I dunno, maybe I drive too hard :P
Old Sep 26th, 2019, 12:29   #17
T5R92011
FCW Auto Service

Can I just say that the snow launch was incredibly satisfying to watch.

Not sure what 'Gen' AWD the V50 has, but I seem to remember the P2 Volvos being a bit slower to send power to the rear whereas your P1 looked almost immediate.
Old Sep 26th, 2019, 12:33   #18
Markos01

Quote:
Not bad, indeed. Was it fully drivable etc or any issues listed? Remember the year/version (sport trim or basic?) Someone got a nice bargain and a bit of a moneypit in the same time :P
From what I can recall it was being sold as a solid, decent car, without issues. Can't remember spec other than T5 AWD – with Land Rover suspension
Old Sep 26th, 2019, 15:04   #19
LizardOfBodom

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
Can I just say that the snow launch was incredibly satisfying to watch.

Not sure what 'Gen' AWD the V50 has, but I seem to remember the P2 Volvos being a bit slower to send power to the rear whereas your P1 looked almost immediate.
Thanks, I still feel warm tingles when watching this, it just looks purely awesome never seen it from outside until this winter.
My V has gen2 haldex only, later models were gen3 with even more instant traction. I think main difference was between gen1 and gen2 (wheel spin vs quarter of wheelspin foir example) and then gen3 with pre-charged pressure was just adding a "bit better but not earth shattering".