Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

National Rally & BKV - Sunday 2nd July

Views : 5858

Replies : 47

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 24th, 2017, 13:57   #1
tt82
Forum Support Team

Default National Rally & BKV - Sunday 2nd July

The first VOC National Rally and BKV was held in 1967 and I believe that the venue was in the Warwick /Oxford area.

The 50th anniversary event will be held on Sunday 2nd July 2017 at Stratford -On- Avon Race course CV37 9SE.

Over the last few years club members have asked that the classes at the respective BKV’s be revised so that cars are actually in with cars in the same platform as oppose to just cars with the same model number. This has now been done and a list of classes with be published separately

As usual the club will be paying for caravan and camping facilities.
please note for this year camping/Caravanning will be available from 1400 hours Wednesday 28th June until 1200 hours Monday3rd July. Please Note it is essential we vacate the site by 1200 on Monday to allow preparation for Racing on Tuesday

David and Jan Ovenden have once again, kindly agreed to act as marshals for caravans and tents, so please report to them on arrival, before setting up or pitching you tent.

Entrance to the venue is through the main gates of the course and the road passes through their touring caravan section. Please be aware that there is a speed limit of 10mph on site which is strictly enforced by the site wardens.

The venue has purpose built toilets/showers including disable facilities.

There are water pipes at the venue. BBQs of the ground are permitted as are dogs on leads.

The Saturday night entertainment is still to be confirmed but there will be a sit down meal consisting of two courses. Main course is a choice of Roast beef and all the trimmings, salmon in lemon sauce/cream or vegetarian option. Sweet is choice of either Home made apple pie and cream or pavlova.

The cost will once again be subsidised by the club. The price per person is £10.00
Please bring your own alcohol to the evening entertainment if required. There is no bar.

Spaces are limited and initially set at 100. It is important that if you require the meal on the Saturday night you pre book it with Dave/Jan Ovenden in advance together with your choice of menu by Thursday 22nd June 2017.

Tolbar Volvo of Warwick will be the attending Volvo Franchise

You are welcome to bring auto jumble to the event. There is no charge.
We will update you as further progress is made

Nigel Ayling, Jaki Ragg
Contact details on page 4 of DRIVER

as written in February issue of Driver classes for 2017 will be as listed. this applies to the three main BKV's.
Please remember to bring your current membership card with you as
You must be a club member to enter the competition

Classes for BKV’s from 01/01/2017

Class 1) PV

Class 2 )Amazon

Class 3 )1800

Class 4) 140/164

Class 5) 200

Class 6) 300/66

Class 7) 400

Class 8) 700/900

Class 9) S/V 40 (96-04)

Class10) P1 Platform - C30 (06-13),S40 (04-12) V40 (2013-), V50 (04-12), C70 (06-13).

Class 11) P80 (Phase 1) - 850, C70 (97-05) S/V70/V70XC (97-00).

Class 12) Phase 2 (P2) - S60 (00-09) V70 (00-07), V70XC/XC70 (00-07), S80 (98-06),

XC90 (03-14)

Class 13) Phase 3 - S60 (10-), V60 (10-) , XC60 (09-), V70 (07-), XC70 (07-), S80 (07-)

Class 14) PSA - XC90 (14-), S/V90 (16-)

class 15 non standard

Last edited by tt82; Jun 20th, 2017 at 14:00.
tt82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tt82 For This Useful Post:
Old May 8th, 2017, 20:23   #2
skippyfox
VOC Member

Have booked in for the evening meal, looking forward to hopefully a great weekend out, big well done in advance to all members who make this day possible.
skippyfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2017, 09:56   #3
Fergie35
Club Director

Default Post Code

Apologies, but we seem to have missed off the post code.
It is CV37 9SE.
The course is well signposted with brown tourist signs.
The club's orange signs will be sited on the approach to the course.
Fergie35 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fergie35 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 15th, 2017, 23:40   #4
cadaron
VOC member

Smile

I enjoy casual car meets like swedish day, and was thinking of going along to bkv, but reading the rules that mentions judges will have access to the boot, the car interior and under the bonnet, as well as the outside, i thought it all sounded abit too serious.
Can anyone perhaps put my mind at rest and clarify what level of 'clean' is expected, although i can easily spend a weekend detailing my v70, i'm not sure about what standard is expected at bkv.

Thanks for your help
cadaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 08:20   #5
Chris Wickers
Director

Default National

Hi,

Look forward to seeing you there.

The standards I have seen over the years vary from (the worst) accident damage, mud everywhere, and a back seat that I thought was beige and was actually black but had a thick layer of Golden Retriever hair over it - and at the other end cars which probably are better than a brand new one coming out of the showroom.

It's a laid back fun day (with the option of being judged and awarded a trophy if applicable for members) and you do not have to be judged.

However I would guess that as always the show winner will be exceptional!

Kind regards

Chris
Chris Wickers is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Wickers For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 10:36   #6
volvomania

I should be coming as well, bringing the V70 van offcourse, to fill up at the superstores on the way back

Born Built Beauties: Parts keeping our cars on the road!

www.Born-Built-Beauties.eu
volvomania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2017, 15:51   #7
WUMPSTER

looking forward to my first national will be in my every day 940 hack clean and tidy but deff not a show winning car just well loved and used every day
WUMPSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 13:22   #8
Ovidiu Dream

Sorry, I am new here ,how you book for meals and how I get in touch for set up a tent for Saturday night 1st of july? Thank you.

Last edited by Ovidiu Dream; Jun 20th, 2017 at 13:24.
Ovidiu Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 17:40   #9
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

details are as the start of this thread and in DRIVER the Club magazine. None members are welcome, and encouraged, to attend the event.
Old Jun 20th, 2017, 20:32   #10
Fergie35
Club Director

I need to add that free camping and caravanning is only available to Volvo Owners Club members.
Non members should be able to camp on the racecourse site, but I would recommend checking with the racecourse prior to travelling.
Fergie35 is online now   Reply With Quote