Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

What did you do to your 850/X70 today???

Views : 149761

Replies : 929

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 28th, 2018, 12:38   #151
Clogs
Clogs

Default Even colder today

Minus 15 degrees C this morning. A bit of powder snow and the metal of the windscreen wipers tried to stick to my fingers.

No trouble getting about up a hill of polished snow. I had to get past a couple of cars with wheels spinning and getting nowhere, even a four wheel drive. I feel a bit smug, but did park at the top and help push the stuck cars to the top.

Minus 12 C at the top of the hill.
Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clogs For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 1st, 2018, 17:28   #152
Clogs
Clogs

Default Something I never knew

The orange snowflake frost warning light light goes out beyond -5 C!

With temperatures below -5 and then -4 (light comes on) then -6, light goes out!
Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4th, 2018, 13:23   #153
Dippydog
Premier Member

Fetched it back home from my lock up garage where I parked it last weekend while I used my Omega in the snow[both cars are fitted with "summer"tyres]
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5th, 2018, 12:55   #154
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Just been to the local carwash, the one where you get pulled through on rollers, just a basic wash primarily to rinse off the underside of the car. But for a 19 year old car that gets no special attention it still washes up pretty well.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 01:08   #155
DaveNP
Non VOC Member

Not so much what I did today, but yesterday I took out the ABS control module and resoldered some of the joints, took the wife out shopping today and it seems to have cured the problem. We're off to Devon for a few days so I'm taking the Volvo (I prefer driving it) and if it does OK while we're away I'll try to put up a post with some pictures of the repair when we get back.

David
V70 2.5 10v Torslanda Manual 98 Sreg
DaveNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 16:01   #156
davidsmith1307

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNP View Post
Not so much what I did today, but yesterday I took out the ABS control module and resoldered some of the joints, took the wife out shopping today and it seems to have cured the problem. We're off to Devon for a few days so I'm taking the Volvo (I prefer driving it) and if it does OK while we're away I'll try to put up a post with some pictures of the repair when we get back.
You cured the problem by taking the wife out shopping? Sounds expensive
Old Apr 3rd, 2018, 17:40   #157
S70Smith

Smile Heat Shield re-fitted

Re-fitted the heat shield on my S70 T5, removed strut brace, unbolted brake master cylinder and slid it straight in! all i have to do now is sort the cooling and its MOT and back on the road time!!
S70Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to S70Smith For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 03:56   #158
Stumo

Thought I had a real bargain , when a 2002 C70 came up for wrecking , VERY rare here - there are 3 s70’s, this one C70 and only a few v70s in the country I can find being advertised for wrecking currently. Got the headlights for equivalent of £80 !
Turned out they were the ABM projectors - are they all this cheap and nasty ? Really awful pattern. Plus with our 6 monthly ‘warrant of fitness’ (mot) any modifications are a no no , so can’t really use them.
Took the stainless sill trims - didn’t think that through - trying to fit coupe size trims on a sedan. But did get a centre arm rest with drinks holder though, complete with perished rubber fingers and a missing drop down bottom support.
All up I spent $280 (£140) for a slightly broken armrest drinks holder.
Not my best work.
Still spent a sunny afternoon cleaning hard to reach engine bay areas, turning spanners and mucking around on my favourite money vacuum . Can’t put a price on happiness .i
The Following User Says Thank You to Stumo For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 15th, 2018, 09:05   #159
Dippydog
Premier Member

Ordered an electronic TPS so hopefully when it arrives and gets fitted it'll cure the occasional tickover issue the car has,although changing gear at no more than 1500revs seems to prevent the fluctuating idle from happening so I've learned to drive round the problem in this way for the present.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17th, 2018, 15:29   #160
ITSv40
VOC Member

Just collected it from the paint sprayers. Having removed the bumpers and had them re-sprayed back in the winter, the only blemish was a small parking ding on the lower panel of the drivers door and a little scuff on the rear edge of the rubbing strip - also on the drivers door. These have now been attended to and the whole car is now blemish free.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20180405_001.jpg (198.2 KB, 16 views)
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post: