Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

060A ECM Fault. Engine not starting.

Views : 280

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 29th, 2023, 19:12   #1
Resident Egg

Exclamation 060A ECM Fault. Engine not starting.

Hello there smart people.

I purchased an iCarsoft VOL V2.0 tool and while trying to read some live data in the ECM, the engine cut out and I ended up with the 060A code- "Engine Control Module (ECM). Internal Fault". After this the engine wouldn't start and would just crank.
I cleared the code and took the key out, tried to start the engine again but it just cranked. No luck.
I took the key out and waited for 60+ seconds until all the dash lights had gone out, tried to start the engine and success, it started and with no codes.
Does anyone have an idea what has happened? When the engine cut out, it was after I tried to view the engine speed sensor and MAF live data. I'm not sure how viewing live data could cause the engine to stop?
As for now, it appears as though the engine is working, that said, I won't be playing with the code reader for a while....
Resident Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2023, 19:18   #2
Resident Egg

I also found this thread in the forum which sounds like a similar case to mine.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=208581
Resident Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2023, 23:22   #3
Simmy
Premier Member

its possible that the immobiliser picked up a signal from something you did. what was your original fault that made you get a code reader out?
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
060a, ecm, icarsoft, v50