Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

AAOS 2.13.3 has been released

Views : 2928

Replies : 27

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 2nd, 2024, 17:45   #21
ukden

Just checked the app re 2.13.3.

It is only referencing MY24 cars.

Possibly only being made available OTA to MY24.

Previously: MY2018 XC60 Momentum D4 Auto, Winter Pack, Volvo On Call, Rear camera, Electric deployable towbar, Tempa spare wheel.
ukden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2024, 19:38   #22
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Thanks for the OTA reports.

Like sk456, I’ve got to have a car that provides what I paid it to do – start and drive, over the next few weeks, so I’m going to continue ignoring the buggy downloaded 2.13.1 install. I’m also very curious to know if a newer OTA download will overwrite an existing OTA download. If yes, this could save some grief going forward in the future by not installing reported buggy versions.

These AAOS Volvo’s are dysfunctional and unpredictable at the best of times, so treating them like a crumbling rockface is the way to go. I feel the AAOS XC60 will become the short hop shopping trolly, while the Sensus XC40 will be the long hall distance car.
The Following User Says Thank You to LRS For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 11th, 2024, 18:39   #23
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

A quick update for anyone interested.

I was purposely not selecting Install Update after the car had downloaded v2.13.1. I’ve been holding back for weeks and today discovered that the downloaded v2.13.1 has now disappeared and the car says it’s on the latest version v2.12.

This has been and interesting exercise just to see what the operating system does if you continue to not install a downloaded update.

Hopefully, I will now shortly receive the later v2.13.3 download.
Old Feb 11th, 2024, 22:48   #24
Dolphin10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
I’d be very interested to know once someone has downloaded and installed 2.13.3 via OTA.

I’m purposely holding back the install of the known buggy 2.13.1 OTA download, hoping that the later 2.13.3 OTA download will overwrite it, which I can then install.
Me too. Still at 2.12. Interestingly, this weekend it has stopped asking if I want to update to 2.13.1 when i get in it...and just says the car is up to date at 2.12.

i thought I read that 2.13.3 was only for MY24 cars though so not sure i'll even be offered it? Frustrations with the very mediocre AAOS system continue!!
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 08:39   #25
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin10 View Post
Me too. Still at 2.12. Interestingly, this weekend it has stopped asking if I want to update to 2.13.1 when i get in it...and just says the car is up to date at 2.12.

i thought I read that 2.13.3 was only for MY24 cars though so not sure i'll even be offered it? Frustrations with the very mediocre AAOS system continue!!
Thanks for sharing your same outcome – each time we all learn a little bit more. Let’s see what actually downloads next for us.

On the old topic of AAOS, it may be cutting edge compared to Sensus, but at what price are we paying for this…

The other day, I was on route using the satnav and had to make a quick drop off (not locking the car) and then continue on route. When I got back in the car, the satnav screen did not continue my route (it should) and worse, the centre screen refused to open the satnav screen at all (button was unresponsive). Had to do a reboot to get it back again.

I know some people love AAOS with all its apps and all, which is fine – different strokes for different folks. But for me a cars primary purpose is to: Start, Drive, Stop & Repeat reliably, and not be a multimedia home entertainment and Wi-Fi data communications system on wheels. It should also act predictably and trustworthy and not continuously feel like it’s cursed with a petulant behavior – I get enough of that from my home PC and Laptops.
Old Feb 12th, 2024, 18:39   #26
Mty2608

Is anyone in MY23(late) had 2.13.3 OTA, i still havent
Mty2608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2024, 12:53   #27
CocoPops
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mty2608 View Post
Nope, says my car is up to date 2.13.1.
Old Feb 18th, 2024, 19:00   #28
BobbyDazzler66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mty2608 View Post
No. Still 2.13.1. Pretty confident we will not get it now. Next update will be advertised soon...