Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY14 issues

Views : 1315

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 19th, 2014, 11:08   #1
Wobbly

Default MY14 issues

7 months in and the car is superb - I'm delighted with my decision. However, there are niggles and I'd welcome any help / advice whilst reassuring any other with similar problems:

1. The car started to warn me of a low battery voltage even after a long run. Dealer updated software after acknowledging that I wasn't the only one to suffer from a faulty voltage sensor.

2. The parking brake wouldn't automatically disengage on drive away - same response from the dealer.

3. Stop/start became pretty non existent (probably related to 1. above but I thought I read somewhere that it has its own battery). Dealer also sorted.

4. Stop start has developed another fault - stops but then restarts after 2 seconds and only for the first journey of the day. Fails to activate thereafter. Needs sorting.

5. Car has (yesterday) forgotten the 2 iPhones that were working perfectly and won't find them again. Stop / start now works perfectly, though!

6. Almost forgot - before any of these faults occurred, the car needed the RAC to come out and reset it as it wouldn't recognise either key.

A trip to my dealer isn't much less than half a day of my time and I'm therefore keen to avoid it wherever I can. I have a lot of toys on the car and lots of toys = lots of firmware. I wish they could update the software whilst it was parked on my drive.... maybe someday, but not before I need to do a lot of miles in my car this week - no doubt with a Bluetooth ear piece in!

Finally, you may be comforted to know that it is unlikely to snow. I have raised the odds against by buying winters from the wonderful guys in Swansea who sold me a wheel and tyre package for about the same price as the aftermarket deals we can google for. If anyone's interested, I rate the Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow highly.

I might re set the car again. Bugger.

Last edited by Wobbly; Jan 19th, 2014 at 11:10.
Wobbly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wobbly For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 18:51   #2
TobyAnscombe

1/3/4 - Car does have a separate battery which, having drained the main one once during a sat nav update the dealer had to reset. Since then been fine. Might kick in after stopping if there is additional load on the main battery or if its flat. If you have a conditioning charger then worth a go....

2 - I think everyone has that problem, people say its because your wheels aren't straight and all sorts but its directly tied to the throttle so should be consistent. Dip the clutch and try again ;-)
TobyAnscombe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TobyAnscombe For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 18:56   #3
Jonathan_angelo
Jono

I hated the start stop on the V60 DrivE that i had on loan from the dealer. I switched it off tbh.
I can see how these issues are a pain in the Rse, especially given that its only 7 or so months old... Quite ridiculous if you ask me.

I wonder how the model will fair come JD Power survey time?
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 20:35   #4
Roland_F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post
7 months in and the car is superb - I'm delighted with my decision. However, there are niggles and I'd welcome any help / advice whilst reassuring any other with similar problems:

2. The parking brake wouldn't automatically disengage on drive away - same response from the dealer.
I think the parking brake is not supposed to disengage automatically after the ignition has been turned off, but it does thereafter? You weren't trying to do this immediately after starting, were you?

I had your problem (1) with the low voltage warning, but a dealer software update appears to have resolved it.
Roland_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 20:52   #5
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

The parking brake will disengage automatically when the seat belt 'done up', the engine is running and a gear is selected otherwise it remains locked on.
The Following User Says Thank You to wimorrison For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 22:10   #6
Westyman
VOC Member

Mine is also 7 months old now. #6 is the only one I have had and a disconnect of the battery, wait 30secs, reconnect sorted that, but it was a bit odd.

The only ones I can add are that the bendy headlights stop bending sometimes and the driver's door handle stays out sometimes, but hopefully a dose of WD40 have sorted that.
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 22:15   #7
Crockers
Premier Member

I'm getting the low voltage warning too. Thought it was because if the in car dash can I had fitted. But now maybe not as I've turned off the parking mode and still get the ⚠
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 23:10   #8
topofthestack

[QUOTE=Wobbly;1562032

Finally, you may be comforted to know that it is unlikely to snow. I have raised the odds against by buying winters from the wonderful guys in Swansea who sold me a wheel and tyre package for about the same price as the aftermarket deals we can google for. If anyone's interested, I rate the Pirelli Scorpion Ice and Snow highly.

Wobbly,

Thanks for the post as I'm picking up my '14 D5 with toys this week.

Could you expand on the Swansea guys in a Private message to me?
topofthestack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 23:46   #9
Wobbly

Default Should've been clearer....

... Dealer told me that there was a software update for the parking brake issue and fixed it - it's a known issue, apparently.
Old Jan 19th, 2014, 23:50   #10
Wobbly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
I'm getting the low voltage warning too. Thought it was because if the in car dash can I had fitted. But now maybe not as I've turned off the parking mode and still get the ⚠
Mine actually went into a "reserve power mode" or something like that a couple of times. Apparently the sensor is misreporting the remaining voltage - the battery was fine.