Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar Optimisation Deals?

Views : 21207

Replies : 175

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 30th, 2021, 14:00   #51
Mint Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSpeedmaster View Post
I'd love a definitive answer on the comfort mode polestar question too. I don't have the drive modes switch but I believe that 'sport mode' is accessed by turning off the ESC. If P* doesn't make a big change to the crappy gearbox in comfort mode it would be a waste of a grand.
By tomorrow afternoon, I'll be able to give you a definitive answer. I'm in a V90, but it should reflect your V90 CC - in fairness, I don't have any grumbles regarding the gearbox in comfort mode.
Mint Cake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mint Cake For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 18:22   #52
Mint Cake

My V90 is back from being Polestar'd up and in the short trip that I had, all seems very good.
More power lower down, smoother & more responsive (yet crisper) gearbox response in Comfort mode.
In Dynamic/Polestar mode,its much more noticeable how much the car has been "encouraged to get its finger out".

She's never going to be a sportscar, but (IMO) she's now much more enjoyable to drive and responsive if you feel the need, the need for speed. (as Maverick once said ).

p.s. and i got a nifty blue badge to go on the back as well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mint Cake For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 1st, 2021, 22:54   #53
Raddish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Cake View Post
My V90 is back from being Polestar'd up and in the short trip that I had, all seems very good.
More power lower down, smoother & more responsive (yet crisper) gearbox response in Comfort mode.
In Dynamic/Polestar mode,its much more noticeable how much the car has been "encouraged to get its finger out".

She's never going to be a sportscar, but (IMO) she's now much more enjoyable to drive and responsive if you feel the need, the need for speed. (as Maverick once said ).

How much? Mines in for service on 26th and I’m contemplating it
Raddish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 07:42   #54
Mint Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddish View Post
How much? Mines in for service on 26th and I’m contemplating it
The current promotion is for £595, but I don't know how long it runs for. It may be worth a call to the dealer to see that its still running on the 28th.
Alternatively, it only takes an hour or so to do, if you need to get the car in sooner than the 28th.
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 08:22   #55
Stodgy

Looks like the £595 deal is a national promo until the end of September

https://engineered.polestar.com/uk/m...t-optimisation
Stodgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 16:21   #56
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Just booked it for my S60 T5. £595.

Spoke to the insurance (Direct Line) who wanted to know increase in hp. I gave them the peak figure of 253 versus 250 stock. Extra charge of £5.60. Why do they bother!

I have question for those that have been here before. The mid range increase is different (the main benefit of the change) at 200 versus 174 stock. Which figure did you give if asked?

Also Direct Line don't refer to it as an optimisation or remap. Is is allegedly now known as a 'Chip Management System'.
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 19:36   #57
Moonlanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov04v View Post
Just booked it for my S60 T5. £595.

Spoke to the insurance (Direct Line) who wanted to know increase in hp. I gave them the peak figure of 253 versus 250 stock. Extra charge of £5.60. Why do they bother!

I have question for those that have been here before. The mid range increase is different (the main benefit of the change) at 200 versus 174 stock. Which figure did you give if asked?

Also Direct Line don't refer to it as an optimisation or remap. Is is allegedly now known as a 'Chip Management System'.
As I had mine done when I ordered the car as new, Direct Line just accepted it as a factory fit option, so no additional cost.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moonlanders For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 21:24   #58
Saftlad

I'm with Admiral and did an online quote, based on engine chip 0-10% increase in BHP (303-317 - T8).

Cost would be £9.50, which would be just an admin fee. Since everything is done online, I struggle to see what admin is involved, but nevertheless I'll look to get mine booked in soonest
Saftlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2021, 22:05   #59
Sub2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
I think and i am almost 100% certain of this, there will be no upgrades for "mild-hybrid 48V" engines, from Polestar.
What's the reason for this?
Sub2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 08:30   #60
ZenSpeedmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Cake View Post

That's great to hear. Better gear changes in comfort mode is what I need!

I have another question; When you are in comfort mode and you turn off the ESC, does the car behave any differently in normal driving conditions? I don't mean backing it into a roundabout a 50mph now. I am wondering if the 'sport mode' affects the gearbox at all. I don't have the drive mode switch and hence I don't have dynamic mode.