Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar Optimisation Deals?

Views : 21217

Replies : 175

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 10:16   #61
ThomasC91

What I find annoying in my S90 is how there’s not just a button you press to change into dynamic.

If I’m at a roundabout I have to scroll using the thing and select which takes time. Defeats the point really.

£600 is way over priced imo
ThomasC91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 12:03   #62
Kenp8257

Understand what you say, but effectively it's just an extra button push - "push, flick down to scroll once then push again"

I can do this with the merest of a glance, but agree not what you want when at a roundabout etc!!

That said, I did read somewhere if you floor it, you do get the same instant boost as if in dynamic/polestar mode?

No idea if true, maybe someone here can add to this?

Totally agree that, imo, £600 if far too much.
Kenp8257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 13:52   #63
Mint Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSpeedmaster View Post
That's great to hear. Better gear changes in comfort mode is what I need!

I have another question; When you are in comfort mode and you turn off the ESC, does the car behave any differently in normal driving conditions? I don't mean backing it into a roundabout a 50mph now. I am wondering if the 'sport mode' affects the gearbox at all. I don't have the drive mode switch and hence I don't have dynamic mode.
I've never turned the ESC off - I'll have a run out later on and give it a go. In comfort mode, the car has a lot more "grunt" and pulls better in ger, without having to kickdown. But if your foot stamps on the happy pedal, the response in comfort is quicker and in Dynamic/Polestar its very quick !
Mint Cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 13:54   #64
Mint Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenp8257 View Post

Totally agree that, imo, £600 if far too much.
I disagree and think that it is very fair value for money - particularly when it keeps your warranty intact and will be updated at each services if updates are available.

In terms of grins per £ spent x years of ownership, the daily cost is negligible.
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 14:30   #65
Wib

I had this at 50% full price when got the car last year, having not driven a standard T5 I can’t comment of the difference, but I do think that it pulls well and it’s not Isabel in Polestar mode as the car is normally in a gear or two lower to start wish, so lockdown is quicker

I went for my 2nd year service a couple of weeks ago, just bought a new Recharge T6, had a go in one and that pulled well in Power mode, was considering the Polestar upgrade on this, but haven’t decided yet, but guessing I won’t see too much of a different, but it it sharpens up the gear change it might be worth it
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 18:19   #66
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Cake View Post
I disagree and think that it is very fair value for money - particularly when it keeps your warranty intact and will be updated at each services if updates are available.

In terms of grins per £ spent x years of ownership, the daily cost is negligible.
indeed there is a free service software update going around right now on certain models ...

Don't forget you can get a refund if you don't like your polestar upgrade after 14 days i think it is ... Dont let them charge the £10 removal fee , volvo uk refund them this !
Old Jul 3rd, 2021, 18:21   #67
Mint Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSpeedmaster View Post
That's great to hear. Better gear changes in comfort mode is what I need!

I have another question; When you are in comfort mode and you turn off the ESC, does the car behave any differently in normal driving conditions? I don't mean backing it into a roundabout a 50mph now. I am wondering if the 'sport mode' affects the gearbox at all. I don't have the drive mode switch and hence I don't have dynamic mode.
I turned the ESC option off and didn't notice any difference. The road were dry and even when I went into full "Fast and Furious" mode, the AWD just gripped like a grippy thing !
Old Jul 4th, 2021, 06:55   #68
ZenSpeedmaster

Yeah that's the thing, the AWD grip is frickin serious!! Pushing the car far enough to cause it to let go could be asking for trouble 🙁 Seemingly the polestar tune sends more power to the rear in 'sport mode' which is ESC off. I do love the feeling of the arse of the car dipping as power is sent to the rear in hard driving. If polestar caused more of that it would be great.
Old Jul 6th, 2021, 16:41   #69
Mint Cake

LV have just charged me the princely additional sum of £21 for the remaining 11 months of my policy, which is stonkingly good value. Even more so when the policy only cost me £219 originally.

as the Fonz would say "Happy Days"
The Following User Says Thank You to Mint Cake For This Useful Post:
Old Jul 6th, 2021, 17:00   #70
KFCKFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Cake View Post
LV have just charged me the princely additional sum of £21 for the remaining 11 months of my policy, which is stonkingly good value. Even more so when the policy only cost me £219 originally.

as the Fonz would say "Happy Days"
Hi Mint Cake,

LV just quoted me £46 for 12 months as they said it is a modification (they didn't recognise Polestar Optimisation). How did LV log the change for you? Wondering if I should get another quote based on your response.
KFCKFC is offline   Reply With Quote