Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General > S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> Wants
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Looking for an XC90

Views : 2664

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 28th, 2022, 20:19   #1
Gen_Billy

Default Looking for an XC90

Apart from Autotrader - is there any good places/websites to get a used XC90. Looking 2017+
Gen_Billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 17:29   #2
Damo6925

I too am looking for an xc90 post 17. Seems like hard work to find a good one in a good spec for a decent price! I actually found one, but I'll cut a long story short...the dealer sold it to someone else under my nose! It's ruthless at the moment!
Damo6925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 18:43   #3
marky4

Well Damo , i sold mine to a dealer and ended up getting £28000 for it .What a mistake i am well cheesed off. I was looking for a 2019 Inscription i knew i couldn't afford one with the spec mine had but had a look in a dealers not too far from me. I told him what i could afford and he tried to get me to buy new ... nope , how about a XC60 ...... nope , sure you dont want new nope so to be fair he didn't have what i wanted but said he would keep in touch , and he did. He totally forgot what i was looking for but did keep ringing me on a few occasions. The last time he rang he said how about a 69 plate R Design with full leather and the Zenium pack i said no but made the mistake of changing my mind. This is where you will think what a thick Yorkshire idiot i am , and you are right. It came in late on a friday night two weeks ago , i rang him on the saturday and said can i see it. He was reluctant because it hadn't been prepped. Anyway i went down and it just needed a deep clean a service and m.o.t. It had full service history and we agreed a price a little more than i wanted to pay but there you go. He said we will put £50 of fuel in it you just need to pay £200 to secure it. Ok so i did. I asked about Volvo on call which he said there would be a charge for if the subscription had lapsed .I couldn't test drive it because he said it had a soft tyre???? . I couldn't see one. Anyway it was ready to collect last thursday afternoon at 2pm . He kept me waiting for 15 mins then we sorted out the finer details. I had to pay 24 hours in advance of collection and when i looked at the invoice the £50 for fuel was charged to me and the £200 deposit wasn't taken off the full amount . He told me the fuel wasn't free but to pay £200 less than the total Still no test drive. So we got in the car and he got the car history out and removed a service sheet because it had personal details of the previous owner on , i said ok ,i asked again about Volvo on call and he quoted me £135 (i had just paid £41000 for the car ) then i said there's no fuel in it so he said sorry my fault i forgot we took the car for fuel came back and off i went. When i got home i noticed the load cover was missing, i rang up and was told the salesman was handing over another car but would ring me back , he didn't , the following day i rang and he said my fault i will order you one. Then on saturday i looked at the history only to find the first service was by Volvo and the second by ATS ?????? . To say i was fuming was an understatement. I spoke to him today and he said it was no problem i said but it isn't full Volvo history he said they have to use genuine Volvo parts so don't worry. So to recap he charged me £50 for the fuel he made out was free , he didn't knock the £200 deposit off the final invoice , the charge for Volvo on call would be £135 which i ended up getting from another dealer for £34.90 the load cover was missing and he never mentioned it and the valet was poor to say the least .He has just put mine on Autotrader @ £31490 .If you buy from a main dealer make sure you dont make the same rookie mistakes i did. Sorry to bore you , i'm livid
marky4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marky4 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 20th, 2023, 20:52   #4
Damo6925

That's bad. My experience wasn't much better.

I email about a car on autotrader. I spend a day back and forth with emails over various things. Wouldn't budge on price. Not even £500. It was well priced however.

So, I get an email off him with a finance quote (taking it out to get free services then I'll pay it off within 14 days) 4 mins later I reply saying great I'll pay you a deposit to reserve. 10 mins later he replies "we have a customer unfortunately in the showroom looking at it, if he doesn't want it I'll get back to you"

I emailed him back, I've just asked to reserve the car, before I even knew about this other person who is at this point just looking at it, surely I get preference. No he says, we give preference to people in the showroom.

My reply was, don't bother emailing me back if that's how you do business, I'll take mine elsewhere.

To top it all off, a manager from another dealership emailed me 4 days ago to ask me was I still looking for a car. I replied yes, we exchanged emails regards requirements and he said he would call me the next day. I'm still waiting!

Honestly, I feel like they are doing me a favour selling me a car! What on earth has gone wrong. I won't lie, it's made me think twice about buying a Volvo based on my experience so far.
Damo6925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 06:07   #5
marky4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo6925 View Post
That's bad. My experience wasn't much better.

I email about a car on autotrader. I spend a day back and forth with emails over various things. Wouldn't budge on price. Not even £500. It was well priced however.

So, I get an email off him with a finance quote (taking it out to get free services then I'll pay it off within 14 days) 4 mins later I reply saying great I'll pay you a deposit to reserve. 10 mins later he replies "we have a customer unfortunately in the showroom looking at it, if he doesn't want it I'll get back to you"

I emailed him back, I've just asked to reserve the car, before I even knew about this other person who is at this point just looking at it, surely I get preference. No he says, we give preference to people in the showroom.

My reply was, don't bother emailing me back if that's how you do business, I'll take mine elsewhere.

To top it all off, a manager from another dealership emailed me 4 days ago to ask me was I still looking for a car. I replied yes, we exchanged emails regards requirements and he said he would call me the next day. I'm still waiting!

Honestly, I feel like they are doing me a favour selling me a car! What on earth has gone wrong. I won't lie, it's made me think twice about buying a Volvo based on my experience so far.
The Volvo i traded in didn't come from a main dealer , i bought it down in Norwich , to be fair he didn't have a clue what he was selling price wise and i got it very cheap. But the whole process was seemless , the car was immaculate he pointed out a very small scratch and that the load cover was missing but he would forward me one on which he did. . Someone must be making a fortune somewhere selling load covers.
When i took my car for the Volvo on call reactivating at my local dealer he named the dealer i bought the car from without me telling him and said he had heard some bad reports about them .The sales manager was supposed to contact me yesterday but never did so .
Your experience just shows how some dealers treat their customers, it's all about selling cars and commision no customer service. .
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 10:20   #6
marky4

Just had a call from the sales manager who was very sorry for their service but couldn't help but did offer me a free valet, i think he meant a valet that was done properly without bits of stickers left on and the wheels cleaned
Old Feb 27th, 2023, 18:07   #7
Kugaman1

Quote:
Originally Posted by marky4 View Post
Just had a call from the sales manager who was very sorry for their service but couldn't help but did offer me a free valet, i think he meant a valet that was done properly without bits of stickers left on and the wheels cleaned
Who was the dealer?

If I had that level of service Id have no hesitation whatsoever in naming and shaming them. Gives us all a heads up if we ever wanted to buy from them.

Personally Id speak to Volvo UK about the awful level of service. Im amazed they can even sell a car as approved used when its been serviced outside of the network.
Kugaman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2023, 20:08   #8
marky4

The dealer was Riverside Wakefield . The manager did eventually call me but it was more of a i must have to do this but dont want to exercise , he offered a free valet i declined. I asked for my money back he declined. I heard yesterday that under Volvo Selekt they have a 30 day exchange where the dealer must give you the option to change the car for something of the same value if you aren't satisfied , something the manager decided not to make me aware of
Old Mar 22nd, 2023, 19:29   #9
marky4

Just seen a car at their Leeds branch and enquired about a p/x only to be told that i'm 5 days over the 30 day Volvo Selekt exchange deal and he offered me bottom book price ffs
Old Mar 22nd, 2023, 19:44   #10
V for

I've just purchased a 17 plate xc90 r design last week, should be collecting it next week, however it's not from Volvo but they seem good so far.
Found a dent on the door that they have fixed and sent pictures. It's my first xc90 so looking forward to it
V for is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V for For This Useful Post: