Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars > T5/R Registers

Notices

T5/R Registers Forum for the T5, T5R and R model registers.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New to me V70r - Help/Advice needed.

Views : 2035

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 8th, 2020, 22:22   #1
DaveJ87
DaveJ

Default New to me V70r - Help/Advice needed.

Hi,

I have recently bought a 2003 V70r Geartronic, the car is in very good overall condition, 2 owners and has covered 85k.

I found this car for a ridiculously low price and took it immediately, think high hundreds and you're somewhere near what I paid.

Now here lies my conundrum, I am used to old volvos not the newer stuff, at some point in this cars life it has been taken off the four-c suspension which I am in the process of putting back on.

I am however a little stuck, at the sides of the suspension turrets under the bonnet, tucked back by the bulkhead there are a number of block connectors, some of which I am sure are for the four-c, but can someone please advise on what the rest are for and what I am potentially missing/needing to replace?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200908_201258_copy_1024x1365.jpg (389.0 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20200908_201340_copy_1024x768.jpg (236.3 KB, 21 views)
DaveJ87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2020, 01:11   #2
V8XCV

I’m not familiar with the earlier 4C design, but there should be height sensor, accelerometer, solenoid control and maybe ABS?

V70 T5 (1996)
V70 P2 D5 EUIII (2002)
XC90 V8 4.4 (2007)
V8XCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2020, 12:26   #3
DaveJ87
DaveJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8XCV View Post
I’m not familiar with the earlier 4C design, but there should be height sensor, accelerometer, solenoid control and maybe ABS?
Thanks for your response, I will have a look and see if the items you have mentioned are there, the abs light is illuminated on the dash so that may explain that.

I will post an update when I know more.
DaveJ87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2020, 18:34   #4
Align

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJ87 View Post
Thanks for your response, I will have a look and see if the items you have mentioned are there, the abs light is illuminated on the dash so that may explain that.

I will post an update when I know more.
Hi, If you can get a scan on Vida you should be able to find what's missing for the errors.

Just a thought.
Align is offline   Reply With Quote