Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Audio problems

Views : 1388

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 19th, 2021, 11:02   #1
Stewart1359

Default Audio problems

I am looking for some help. I collected my xc40 p8 recharge 3 weeks ago. I am having a few issues with the sound system. I listen to music through my iPhone 13 pro max which is connected by Bluetooth to the car. Most times when I enter the car my music starts playing and when I exit the car it stops. A few times I have had to go into the music app on my phone and press the play button or centre display in the car and press play. Today I had no sound at all and the centre display on the car was showing that the music was playing and my phone was showing that the music was playing. The volume was up on my phone and car but I had no sound. My car has the Harmon sound system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by Stewart1359; Dec 19th, 2021 at 11:04. Reason: Mis spelling
Stewart1359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19th, 2021, 17:46   #2
exmpa

Issues with Bluetooth\Volvo\Iphone\Carplay seem fairly common. In fact not confined to Volvo or Apple. I recalled reading about similar problems on another forum and when I did a search it came up with numerous occurrences and various suggested remedies.

I also Googled “Bluetooth IPhone low volume in car” and you may be comforted to know that you’re not alone! You might like to try the same and see if you come up with something that works for you.

The Sensus Media module does seem capricious at times. I was having problems with traffic broadcasts, the system was quietly deselecting my preferences. I think I’ve solved that now, until the next time of course.

Exmpa
exmpa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to exmpa For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 7th, 2022, 19:14   #3
WestV

Default Other issues too.

I've been using an old iPod Touch with all my music library in my cars for many, many years now.

My XC40 is no exception, as I have said iPod connected to the USB port.

Today, I got curious about how would things work if I connected my Samsung Tab S (...which also features my full audio library...) to the car via Bluetooth, so I added this device to the BT list, with only the "Audio" tick box selected.

Sure enough, it worked.

However, the sound is of somewhat poor quality, being "crushed" with a kind of modulating level variation on top.

I wonder if it is due to:

1. The media player in the Tab (Rocket Music Player)
2. A limitation of the BT link

or,

3. A limitation of the car system.

(Music plays fine, loud and vibrant through USB)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

WK
WestV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22nd, 2022, 10:46   #4
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart1359 View Post
I am looking for some help. I collected my xc40 p8 recharge 3 weeks ago. I am having a few issues with the sound system. I listen to music through my iPhone 13 pro max which is connected by Bluetooth to the car. Most times when I enter the car my music starts playing and when I exit the car it stops. A few times I have had to go into the music app on my phone and press the play button or centre display in the car and press play. Today I had no sound at all and the centre display on the car was showing that the music was playing and my phone was showing that the music was playing. The volume was up on my phone and car but I had no sound. My car has the Harmon sound system. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Your on the google based system

Have you tried a centre display restart, should solve your issue.

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...isplay-restart
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote