Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fettling Valhallarama*

Views : 1021

Replies : 17

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 19th, 2021, 18:18   #11
GingerMagic

Not sure about the Volvo (sorry) but many cars only come with one reverse light wired in - not both lights sadly and this bothers my OCD symmetry...!

I had an intermittent bulb fault light on the dash if I was on a longer journey, but a liberal spray with contact cleaner and a double check the holders were twisted into place properly seemed to resolve it.
2019 Citroen C3 ( wife's )
GingerMagic is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerMagic For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 19th, 2021, 20:00   #12
Forrest
VOC Member

The 940 comes with two reversing lights but some models have only one rear fog lamp. The original RHD nearside rear lamp units have the fog lamp position blanked off but replacements generally have a functional foglight. Both sides are wired but the wiring may be taped up on the nearside.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Forrest For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 20th, 2021, 20:13   #13
kiloran

Fixed - bulb holder/contacts issue.
Replaced OS front sidelight bulb too.

Running sweet as a nut all day and finally got the remains of the old engine stacked up in the shed, meaning I could redeploy the rear-facing seats.
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 13:33   #14
kiloran

MOT pass today, advisory for a minor oil leak (which I'm pretty sure is actually PAS) and one tyre. Fresh tank of fuel and onwards for another 12 months. Time for some TLC once the better weather arrives.
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 13:59   #15
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloran View Post
MOT pass today, advisory for a minor oil leak (which I'm pretty sure is actually PAS) and one tyre. Fresh tank of fuel and onwards for another 12 months. Time for some TLC once the better weather arrives.
That's great news how about some glamour shots.. You can even do some of the Volvo if you like
nemesisthewarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nemesisthewarlock For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 20th, 2022, 14:51   #16
kiloran

She's off to the valeters for a damn good scrub, dirty girl that she is. Needs a serious machine polish after sunbathing on a south-facing road all summer.
Old May 23rd, 2023, 09:30   #17
kiloran

Not been around here much lately so I thought I'd share an update.
Still going strong (both car and owner) and running absolutely without fault. The cheapo eBay engine I sourced and 360Beast fitted is using zero oil and coolant no matter how hard I thrash it. It gets a lot of local use plus long runs, usually in the summer. I did New Forest to Mid Wales and back yesterday - just over 300 miles - and she ran perfectly as usual.
One thing I do feel needs doing though is a brake overhaul. When I was pushing on on the Welsh lanes I was getting a bit of fade and brake judder and the pedal feels quite dead too. So new fluid definitely but I'm wondering about a pad upgrade (she's not had new front pads in my ownership) and possibly new discs. Not had the wheels off recently so can't really check them until I do. Welcome recommendations on that front.
Other than that she also needs a new centre section for the exhaust, there's a small hole which means I get lovely pops and bangs which just add to the driving ambience but probably isn't great for performance or economy.
Old May 23rd, 2023, 18:41   #18
360beast
Go redblock or go home

I have standard brembo discs and pads on the front of my 940 which as you know I was on track Saturday for 8 laps of Goodwood and an auto solo on the Sunday and had no brake issues so I can highly recommend them.

I'm very pleased to see and hear that Val is going strong on the "new" engine, the centre section should be replaced without the silencer to keep the driving ambience fun
360beast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 360beast For This Useful Post: