Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sound system controls - MY22 (Google AAOS) XC60

Views : 4542

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 26th, 2022, 17:53   #21
cliffharris
cliffInLincoln

I installed Audiwagon and connected my I-Pod (tried both USB sockets) and it doesn't recognize it.

My I-Pod is connected to my Windows 10 pc for updates and new songs, playlists etc; so I believe it should be FAT32 formatted?

Looks like I need to wait for Apple Car Play - assuming its coming.
OR
I put my music onto a USB stick and compare performance of Bluetooth connection and via Audiwagon.

I was surprised to see in the Audiwagon App that there were some 'Equaliser' settings that I don't normally get on my basic Volvo system.
cliffharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 18:02   #22
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post
long shot but... when in the Sound menu screen (pic 3) can you drag your finger across the seating image to adjust the fader? So up for forward bias and down for rear bias?

I mean there's no indication on screen to suggest this is how to adjust but I guess you'll try anything at the mo.
Sadly, not a sausage. (see image below)

I have now identified that my audio system is K502 High Performance Sound from the factory build sheet - this is the no extra cost standard fit audio version.

>> Is there anyone else out there with the 'Standard' audio system in their MY22 XC60, running the Google system??? <<

Speakes on off - Copy.jpg
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 18:12   #23
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffharris View Post
I installed Audiwagon and connected my I-Pod (tried both USB sockets) and it doesn't recognize it.

My I-Pod is connected to my Windows 10 pc for updates and new songs, playlists etc; so I believe it should be FAT32 formatted?

Looks like I need to wait for Apple Car Play - assuming its coming.
OR
I put my music onto a USB stick and compare performance of Bluetooth connection and via Audiwagon.

I was surprised to see in the Audiwagon App that there were some 'Equaliser' settings that I don't normally get on my basic Volvo system.
Its likely to be NTFS format. If you go for a USB stick (there are USB C stick drives available at low cost) ensure you format with FAT32. Then you can add your audio files, not just .mp3 but .flac files too for uncompressed higher quality audio.
Fibrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 18:27   #24
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post

I have now identified that my audio system is K502 High Performance Sound from the factory build sheet - this is the no extra cost standard fit audio version.

>> Is there anyone else out there with the 'Standard' audio system in their MY22 XC60, running the Google system??? <<

Attachment 139568
It does seem as though with the standard audio equipment the software is limited on the AAOS. Its possible that could change in terms of Volvo adding balance and or a fader but with the function to defeat the front or rear individually already included that seems unlikely. As you know the Harmon Kardon upgrade has more software control and the Bowers & Wilkins even more. I guess when buying a vehicle its important to have a good delve into the system to know what is and isn't there, something we all have to get used to as we can't see the physical buttons so much anymore.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 19:56   #25
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibrous View Post
It does seem as though with the standard audio equipment the software is limited on the AAOS. Its possible that could change in terms of Volvo adding balance and or a fader but with the function to defeat the front or rear individually already included that seems unlikely. As you know the Harmon Kardon upgrade has more software control and the Bowers & Wilkins even more. I guess when buying a vehicle its important to have a good delve into the system to know what is and isn't there, something we all have to get used to as we can't see the physical buttons so much anymore.
I agree with you in part, but £750 more just get L/R Balance and F/R Fader is paramount to being criminal.

I truly hope that the missing L/R Balance and F/R Fader controls is the consequence of a software bug issue.

I keep coming back to the fact that the ‘Sensus’ High Performance Sound version has the following adjustments:
  • Tone – settings for bass, treble, equalizer, etc.
  • Balance – balance between right/left loudspeakers and balance between front/rear loudspeakers.
  • System Volumes – adjusts volume in the various systems of the car, e.g. Voice Control, Park Assistand Phone Ringtone.

So, it makes no commercial sense why Volvo would consciously decide to remove these adjustments on their ‘AAOS Google’ High Performance Sound version.
Old Jan 26th, 2022, 20:52   #26
Fibrous

Quote:
I agree with you in part, but £750 more just get L/R Balance and F/R Fader is paramount to being criminal.

I truly hope that the missing L/R Balance and F/R Fader controls is the consequence of a software bug issue.

I keep coming back to the fact that the ‘Sensus’ High Performance Sound version has the following adjustments:
  • Tone – settings for bass, treble, equalizer, etc.
  • Balance – balance between right/left loudspeakers and balance between front/rear loudspeakers.
  • System Volumes – adjusts volume in the various systems of the car, e.g. Voice Control, Park Assistand Phone Ringtone.

So, it makes no commercial sense why Volvo would consciously decide to remove these adjustments on their ‘AAOS Google’ High Performance Sound version.
I completely understand where you are coming from, Volvo could have easily added the balance and fader to the basic option. To be fair, the extra cost Volvo charge for the other audio systems is more than balance and fader controls. In addition to the added sound processing software there is additional hardware. I realise there is quite a huge premium to have these options but Volvo have left that up to the buyer to decide knowing full well we all have different wants. Bowers & Wilkins home hifi costs a fortune and the car audio no different though I should add its possibly one of the best car audio systems a car manufacturer has made available.
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 17:04   #27
cliffharris
cliffInLincoln

Quote:

Attachment 139568
LRS - I have the same 'standard audio' system on my MY22 XC60 Momentum and all the screens and functions you describe are identical on mine also.

I previously had a MY18 XC60 with the same standard audio, but again as you describe, it had much more functionality with faders and the Equiliser etc.
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 17:16   #28
cliffharris
cliffInLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fibrous View Post
Its likely to be NTFS format. If you go for a USB stick (there are USB C stick drives available at low cost) ensure you format with FAT32. Then you can add your audio files, not just .mp3 but .flac files too for uncompressed higher quality audio.
Many thanks for the comments Fibrous; I will check my IPod Touch to see what formatting it has (I think I can that by plugging into PC and then checking disc properties?)

I have a very old IPod Classic (160GB) which I will try in the car, as checking it on my PC (as described above) shows it as having a FAT32 File system.
It will be interesting to see if that works, as I had problems with it working (kept locking up) when connected to my MY18 XC60 via the USB port. Volvo advised that it was a known problem as the old IPod Classics were analogue whereas the new Touch IPod was digital. In fairness I tried a Touch first and then bought one and no problems thereafter.
Still waiting for my USB adapter to arrive to test a USB stick and then the IPod Classic. I'll report back as soon as I can.
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 17:35   #29
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffharris View Post
Many thanks for the comments Fibrous; I will check my IPod Touch to see what formatting it has (I think I can that by plugging into PC and then checking disc properties?)

I have a very old IPod Classic (160GB) which I will try in the car, as checking it on my PC (as described above) shows it as having a FAT32 File system.
It will be interesting to see if that works, as I had problems with it working (kept locking up) when connected to my MY18 XC60 via the USB port. Volvo advised that it was a known problem as the old IPod Classics were analogue whereas the new Touch IPod was digital. In fairness I tried a Touch first and then bought one and no problems thereafter.
Still waiting for my USB adapter to arrive to test a USB stick and then the IPod Classic. I'll report back as soon as I can.
Good luck with the iPod working with the AudioWagon app, you may be the first person to ever try it!
USB C sticks work as do some USB drives - even some memory card adapters, but it will be interesting to know how you get on. Thanks. All the best.
Old Feb 14th, 2022, 15:17   #30
cliffharris
cliffInLincoln

Update.

Neither my old I-Pod Classic (6th generation 160GB) or my newer I-Pod touch will work with Audiowagon.
However using just a USB stick works very well. It does seem to improve the music quality compared with I-Pod connected over Bluetooth, maybe because Audiowagon has a simple sound enhancement / Equaliser as part of it.

Disappointed I-Pod doesn't work with Audiowagon, but I'm happy for now.
Maybe when Apple car play is available on MY22 then all will be perfect; maybe.