Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Parking sensors

Views : 5185

Replies : 35

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 30th, 2019, 11:56   #11
Chairboy777

Had this start on appearing on my V60 after a couple of weeks whilst on the motorway - prime territory for parking sensors... After that the message would randomly appear and prevent the parking sensors from working, or showing that the left front and left front centre sensors were red.

Went back to the dealer and it is related to the location of the number plate - UK plates being a bit larger than the Swedish plates - and moving the plate resolved the issue. Several weeks since the plate move and no message since.
Chairboy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chairboy777 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 30th, 2019, 13:19   #12
ccfcforever1987
VOC Member

Thanks Chairboy777. I'll mention this when they pick the car up later this week. Funnily enough though I haven't had it happen for 3 or 4 days.
Old Oct 25th, 2019, 11:48   #13
ccfcforever1987
VOC Member

Quick update on the parking sensor issue.

Car went into the dealers and they removed some rubber protectors from the sensors that should have come off at PDI. They also moved the number plate as Chairboy777 mentioned and to date I have not had a single instance of the sensors going off when they shouldn't.

Personally I think it was the moving of the number plate that solved it as compared to where it is now it was very close to the sensors.

Fingers crossed, no further problems.
Old Aug 5th, 2020, 14:17   #14
anjomi

Sorry to reply to such an old topic, but this is exactly the issue I'm having.

Everytime I go out in the wet, I get false readings from one of the front sensors, and eventually they turn off reporting that they need to be cleaned. Its been in and out of the dealers for the last year, with no success. They even replaced all the sensors and the wire looms last month, but I drove home through a thunderstorm, it happened again.

The dealer says they are now working with Volvo to see what the problem is, but has anyone actually seen this and got it resolved?

I don't think its the number plate issue as why would that only happen in the wet?

Thanks
anjomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5th, 2020, 19:33   #15
catsim

I had the same problem. The number plate was moved but still did not solve the issue with parking sensors activating when raining. The dealer then consulted Volvo and they undertook a software update and it appears to be fixed although I haven’t driven the car in heavy rain since!
catsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 12:11   #16
Milky74

I have exactly the same issue, cars been back in several times to volvo, had the sensor replaced and still the same. I was about to lift the number plate as suggested but found one way clutch screws holding the number plate on.
Old Aug 17th, 2020, 09:07   #17
pj41

Has this been resolved for you as I am experiencing exactly the same issue with my V60CC, which is not yet a year old?

The system effectively shuts down both fronty and rear park assist systems ("Sensors blocked - cleaning required") whenever it rains, then starts again when they dry out. I'm collecting photographic evidence before going into the dealer under warranty and getting any feedback on others with the same issue would be a great help.

Thanks.
pj41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2021, 19:59   #18
Rowlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsim View Post
I had the same problem. The number plate was moved but still did not solve the issue with parking sensors activating when raining. The dealer then consulted Volvo and they undertook a software update and it appears to be fixed although I haven’t driven the car in heavy rain since!
Hi I am having exactly the same problem....did the software update solve the problem? Cheers
Rowlstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2021, 22:04   #19
catsim

Yes all sorted and problem has not returned
catsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 21:35   #20
Rowlstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsim View Post
Yes all sorted and problem has not returned
Thanks for getting back to me.
I contacted my dealer again today but they stated that they knew of no software update for the issue....doesn't surprise me tho.

Would you mind supplying me the details of your dealership who did the update and I can put my dealership in touch with them?

Thanks very much....
Rowlstar is offline   Reply With Quote