Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

700/900 Series General Forum for the Volvo 740, 760, 780, 940, 960 & S/V90 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Life with my 960 Estate

Views : 14322

Replies : 219

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 25th, 2022, 19:12   #171
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisthewarlock View Post
Cap came from the Volvo Construction side of the Brand at SMT Olive Green to go with my Green Goddess
On the must have list!

Love BB caps.

Thanks.

Andrew.
Moomoo is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 19:18   #172
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
So not a bad day today at all, got up, had a shower! took my multiple chemo tablets and "normal tablets", had a snooze whilst gently steaming dry and then left for my appointment with the Nurse in good time.

And what a good time, Fat Slag #1 started first turn and soon settled down to that straight six purr, we wafted about for twenty odd mins whilst myself and the 960 Goddess got warm.

She still remains a real treat to drive and a feast for the eyes... I know some think the series II 960s are not proper Volvos/Volvii? But, by heck she's pretty for a big girl.

Anyhow got to the Doctors weight and blood pressure checked out in 10mins and then time for another pootle! Blissfully eating up the miles I spent another hour just enjoying the car

Got home to a message from Swaffham, my S80s' front subframe has arrived so if anyone fancies giving me a lift from Swaffham to Doddington tomorrow let me know

Otherwise I may have to Uber it home

Anyhow a good day Fat Slag #1 Fantastic, Fat Slag #2 about to get her undercarriage sorted!!

Like I say a good day
A good day bud.

My dad used to say a big girl is like a feather bed.

Having tried a few, I think he was right.💋
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 20:13   #173
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
On the must have list!

Love BB caps.

Thanks.

Andrew.
They do a Grey version too but it's out if stock atm

That would go great with my S80...
nemesisthewarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nemesisthewarlock For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 20:22   #174
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
They do a Grey version too but it's out if stock atm

That would go great with my S80...
Cheers mate, found it , one will be ordered. I’ve a lot of olive, a grey will be nice!

Andrew.👍
The Following User Says Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 25th, 2022, 20:24   #175
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post
A good day bud.

My dad used to say a big girl is like a feather bed.

Having tried a few, I think he was right.💋
How true I now have that line from Queen's Double A side single from 1978 in my head, Fat Bottomed Girls on one side and Bicycle Race on the other..

"Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today
So look out for those beauties, oh yeah
On your marks, get set, go!"

Yet more good news on the Fat Slag #2 front; turns out my Brother's S60 is at Swaffham so if it's ready I will pick him up drop Bertha my S80 off and he will get me home in his S60 .. result!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nemesisthewarlock For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 27th, 2022, 17:38   #176
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

So after a day or two in the "Chemotherapy Doldrums" I girded up my loins and shook the dust from my watchamacallits and set off to drop Bertha my S80 off at Swaffham..

Journey there was a V8 blast across the fens and the one back was pleasant but uninspiring in my mates eco friendly self charging hybrid.

Nice interior, lots of toys, etc... but not a big comfy Volvo.. anyhow got home to find disaster no cat fud!

That's okay Fat Slag #1 to the rescue and that smooth straight six wafted me to KFC .. he; my cat likes KFC chicken

So that's Volvo life today, cats full of chicken, Fat Slag #2 is at the menders and Fat Slag #1 is as dependable and delightful as ever .. oh and I snuck off to bed with some of the cats' chicken
Old Feb 1st, 2022, 15:31   #177
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

17 hours over 3 days of drilling out stainless bolts and finally the offending subframe was removed along with a section of exhaust to get it out. Then new subframe is in, exhaust put back with new bolts and Fat Slag #2 will be ready to pick up on Thursday .. yeah Friday is going to be full of V8 fun and frolics!

In the meantime my Chemotherapy has left me feeling really good in week 2 so myself and the Goddess (Fat Slag#1) are off out for a Tuesday board game session down at the Sportsman in Chatteris.

Can't help but notice she's a real dirty girl atm so a trip to the car wash is called for...

Anyhow tonight she'll have to be a Dirty Fat Slag in Chatteris... I don't think she will be alone
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nemesisthewarlock For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 00:06   #178
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

Default The Kindness of Strangers...

Okay more 960 adventures today as I finished my current round of Chemotherapy and have a week off the poison before my next round starts!

So whilst out last night my mate tells me he has a scan today at 3.40pm... so naturally being a good soul and wanting any excuse to stretch the fat slags legs I offered him a lift to his appointment.

We leave Chatteris for a quick jaunt to March he has his scan and is back in fat slag #1 by 4pm. It is here that I make a series of bad decisions.

Since we are both on our own tonight I offer him a takeaway, he can't decide so I go with the golden arches and then with a choice of 3 within a reasonable 20/30 mins of March I make my first bad decision... I go to MaccyDs at WISBECH!

God had decided that was a very bad idea the A141 was choked at Guyhirn and the journey took a good 30 mins and the road back looked backed up to Wisbech itself!

We eventually made it to MaccyDs only to join a large queue at the drive through... hey ho 30 mins later we are full of Quaterpounder with Cheese and ready to set off back to Chatteris.

The A47 towards Guyhirn is now backed up to the first Wisbech roundabout and it's here I make my next bad decision which is to cut across to Elm and take the back road to March and bypass Guyhirn.

It's dark and busy with other locals using the same rat run in both directions. I finally hit the March Road and head off into the darkness at a reasonable 45(ish) mph.

But with traffic in both directions I am force over to the left and fail to spot a pot hole in time, when I say pothole I really mean Sarlacc Pit with tyre munching teeth.

Bang, flappy, flappy ... bugger one very flat nearside front tyre .. dark busy road .. whimp out on changing it myself and phone Green Flag .. wait for call back.

In the meantime an absolute legend of a young stranger turns round parks up in front of me and quick as a flash jumps out grabs my spare, jack and wheel brace changes the wheel and has me back on the road before Green Flag call me back!

Turns out Jake is a "Drift Car" enthusiast and as he put it is always changing the tyres on his car... So he was very fast and he wouldn't even accept the price of a couple of pints for his trouble.

So thank you Jake may you get back what you give triplefold and it just goes to show there are still decent young folk out there willing to help an older croc like me out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nemesisthewarlock For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 07:36   #179
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Bummer about the flattie Ben, big thumbs up to Jake for assisting!

Sounds like you have a trip to the tyre shop today to get a replacement and the wheel alignment checked, i've had many potholes knock my alignment out (it's out at present thanks to a nasty pothole 3 days after last setting it straight) but so far been lucky enough to not shred rubber in one.

Those turned out to be very expensive burgers! Moral of the tale is don't go to Wisbech for a Maccy-Ds!

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 3rd, 2022, 13:23   #180
nemesisthewarlock
3.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Bummer about the flattie Ben, big thumbs up to Jake for assisting!

Those turned out to be very expensive burgers! Moral of the tale is don't go to Wisbech for a Maccy-Ds!
Yep Wisbech should be avoided....

Still got Fat Slag #2 back today what a blast we had across the fens wowwooweewoo as Borat would say ... it's nice to have the V8 soundtrack back