Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

No More Polestar Engineered models!!

Views : 4130

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2021, 20:34   #11
don kalmar union
Trader

Default Alfa....

I have had a fair few volvos over nigh on 61 years. of driving...

Bought an Afa Giulia Quadrifoglio four years ago to sit beside my old but still exceptionally usefull XC90 D5.

The Giulia is quite remarkable, the less powerfull versions sharing the fantasic Georgio platform. The 8 speed ZF auto is just plain superb and is in all the other Georgio models, Giulias and Stelvios, Alfa are acknowledged to have engineered and mapped the best combination of this 'box vis a vis other manufacturers' efforts, really puts the Aisin and Volvo's poor work to shame. No manual option with RHD cars, the interior of the Giulia is not up with the bling of some germans if that is your bag, that is not what interests me in the slightest.

Prior to the recent amalgamation of Fiat Chrysler and PSA there really was no problem with back up, parts etc., build quality is up with the best but there are still a few none too good dealers around to be avoided. I have had 4 years experience of Glyn Hopkin in St.Albans who really are well up to scratch.

No estate though...

Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

Last edited by don kalmar union; Nov 29th, 2021 at 21:38.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2021, 20:42   #12
Boatie
Master Member

Got my first Volvo in 1990, my present Volvo is the last I will have.
Old Nov 29th, 2021, 21:47   #13
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Since my 18 years old, I had a *Citroën Saxo Cup 16V( the trophy version special edition that had this designation only in Portugal), a Peugeot 106 GTI, Volkswagen Golf TDI,Nissan Terrano, Audi A3 8L and 8P, Audi A4 B7, another A4 avant B8 and now Volvo*.

p.s.: and an old Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 2.8 TD 1999 for a half an year

*Not by this order.*

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Nov 29th, 2021 at 22:22.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1st, 2021, 09:56   #14
Discoman

I don’t get the point of the Polestar models. My XC90 T5 with air drives plenty fast enough for the type of car it is - I love it! When I want to go faster I have older Italian and German cars to remind me what motoring used to be like.

Next time round I would still take a Volvo SUV over a Merc or BMW one. The X5 and X7 look appalling and Merc could not offer me an SUV with heated rear seats when I bought the XC90.
Old Jan 28th, 2022, 00:29   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk546 View Post
After taking my MY20 XC60 Polestar Engineered in for its second service today, I thought I'd have a chat with the sales team to discuss its possible replacement as the new MY23 T8's have been blessed with a bigger battery and more powerful electric motor, both of which would make the drive much more useful, however, to my disappointment, the sales guy informed me that the Polestar Engineered (along with the Momentum, R-design and Inscription specs) are being dropped from the line-up and being streamlined into 3 specs (Core, Plus and Ultimate as previously reported in other posts).
None of the new specs will include the key options (for me anyway) used on the Polestar Engineered models as these will apparently be left for the Polestar brand to use on their fully electric cars. As such, any replacement of our current car will not be in the Volvo brand so looks like I will be heading elsewhere for my next car.

Oh well, back to the drawing board trying to find the next workhorse I suppose!!
I looked at the Audi S4 and the Merc C43 AMG, couldn't get the Merc due to the facelift and I didn't fancy waking up in the night with some a.hole standing over me looking for the Audi keys (not the missus BTW). So I went and test drove a T8 and ordered the PE. I agree entirely it will be my last Volvo, despite the current one (V40 D4) being flawless, I won't buy a car made in China (recognising prob many parts already come from there).
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2022, 10:55   #16
S90
IT Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I won't buy a car made in China (recognising prob many parts already come from there).
Probably one of the most stupid statements ever!
Old May 7th, 2022, 11:32   #17
Cull06
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 View Post
Agreed. My Chinese-built T8 has had no issues whereas my previous Swedish-built v60 was rejected back to them for constant issues. What matters is how it’s built not where it’s built.
Old May 7th, 2022, 12:09   #18
Dohnut

Maybe his statement has nothing to do with the craftsmanship/quality of the build. Could be more of a political/human rights stance.

Just saying.
Old May 7th, 2022, 12:14   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by S90 View Post
Not half as stupid as letting them build a nuclear power plant
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2022, 10:02   #20
Rocinante
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Not half as stupid as letting them build a nuclear power plant
This is quite a deviation from the original post, but..
I'm not sure who's "letting them", and who you think has the power/authority to stop them. They've been producing Nuclear Power for over 30 years, and have been a Nuclear Power for over 50 years.
Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote