Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Engine system service required.

Views : 3853

Replies : 21

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 12th, 2022, 05:47   #11
Dancake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquacultureman View Post
2454: Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Low
2452: DPF Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit

The car suffers from some loss of power when the engine system service required warning comes on. Doesnt go into limp mode but definite loss of performance
If you're ever near Belfast give me a shout and I'll have a look at it.
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dancake For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 11:44   #12
aquacultureman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey80 View Post
They are fault codes relating to the little sensor attached to the side of the battery.

It'll either be;

The sensor itself
The wiring on the plug to the sensor
The rubber piping from sensor to DPF has failed. This can become brittle.
Thanks. I have already swapped out the sensor itself, but I have heard that unless its a genuine Volvo replacement the car may not like it.
The piping has also been replaced, so wiring to the plug is suspected. No idea how to check the wiring.
aquacultureman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 11:45   #13
aquacultureman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancake View Post
If you're ever near Belfast give me a shout and I'll have a look at it.
That would be brilliant if you could. Can I PM you about this?
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 16:20   #14
Dancake
Premier Member

Sent you a PM
Dancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 17:26   #15
aquacultureman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancake View Post
Sent you a PM
Cant send PMs - getting this message:
'Sorry, you can only send messages to the Administrators group until you have 30 posts'

Anyway, message occurring last 6 mths, coming on a couple of times a day on 60 to 80 mile runs. DPF sensor replaced 2 mths ago (not genuine Volvo). Rubber pipes from dpf also replaced apparently - 2 mths ago. Message coming up 15 times approx on a 15 mile run or so in the last couple of weeks though. Didn't come on today at all on another 15 mile run! I cleaned the power supply plug to the dpf sensor with contact cleaner and adjusted the oil level to 1/2 full using a pump as Ive heard that too high an oil level can make the engine system service required warning flash up. I'm not convinced because of the existing error codes.
Old Jan 12th, 2022, 18:36   #16
Simmy
Premier Member

make shure to have the clips on the rubber pipes at the sensor end any leakage will cause problems sensor wires break close to the plug inspect these closely
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 13th, 2022, 13:27   #17
Croc9968

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquacultureman View Post
2454: Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor "A" Circuit Low
2452: DPF Diesel Particulate Filter Pressure Sensor A Circuit

The car suffers from some loss of power when the engine system service required warning comes on. Doesnt go into limp mode but definite loss of performance
I had the same symptoms last year on my 2009 C70. Replacing the sensor didn't help and eventually it got worse and power drops more common. New DPF and a £1000 bill later and it was resolved. ELOYS reservoir had not been topped up and this caused the DPF to get slowly blocked (hence power drop). I would check reservoir level as well!
Croc9968 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Croc9968 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 13th, 2022, 18:18   #18
aquacultureman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croc9968 View Post
I had the same symptoms last year on my 2009 C70. Replacing the sensor didn't help and eventually it got worse and power drops more common. New DPF and a £1000 bill later and it was resolved. ELOYS reservoir had not been topped up and this caused the DPF to get slowly blocked (hence power drop). I would check reservoir level as well!
Thanks. How difficult is it to check the ELOYs level?
Old Jan 21st, 2022, 15:51   #19
Minguen

I think I had the same message on my recently purchased V50. It hasn't done many miles since it's last service over a year ago, so I hope it's just a service reminder based on time. To stop the message everytime I turned the car on, I turned ey to position 1, held down trip reset button and at the same time turned key to position 2 whilst pushing trip button in. After about 5 seconds the warning sign flashes and then stops followed by a sound. That seemed to stop it coming on again.
Hope it works for you.
Minguen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22nd, 2022, 18:23   #20
Minguen

Default Update

The pushing of trip button etc. didn't work. Message still comes up after starting vehicle up but goes by pushing reset button on stalk. Having read other posts regarding a similar issue, they seem to suggest that the oil level is too high due to diesel getting into the sump from dpf regeneration issues. They suggest that the oil level needs to be reduced to between 1/2 -3/4 way up the dipstick but most of those engines seemed to be the D5. Any-one tried it on the 2l?
Minguen is offline   Reply With Quote