Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

How many 455hp 709Nm V60 Polestar Engineered in the UK

Views : 974

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 28th, 2022, 00:13   #1

Default How many 455hp 709Nm V60 Polestar Engineered in the UK

Given that Volvo has taken the V60 & S60 Polestar Engineered off the market before they have actually made and delivered any 455hp 709Nm units, which swap the Supercharger for ISG and a bigger battery.

I am wondering how many of the revised units will actually make it onto the UK roads.

Really Appreciate a headcount of who is expecting delivery of one (stating V or S)

I know of one V60 Mine

and one S60 SmithSC
007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31st, 2022, 17:28   #2
smithsc

Maybe it’s just me and you, if we ever get them 🤷*♂️
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to smithsc For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 31st, 2022, 21:22   #3
rudi dudi
DPF free.FCUK Greta he he

What's Isg mean please?
Old Feb 1st, 2022, 18:31   #4
Simmy
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi dudi View Post
What's Isg mean please?
idle stop and go ISG
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 1st, 2022, 22:23   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi dudi View Post
What's Isg mean please?
Integrated Starter Generator

It is a high voltage starter motor capable of running at engine speeds. It is the same thing that the engine drives to charge the battery and is used to start the car. They decided to remove the supercharger and inject power into the ISG instead.

Pretty clever stuff, it removes a great chunk of weight, I would guess 60kg? for a supercharger. Unlike a supercharger which is crank driven, the ISG is battery driven and does not deduct drive power from the crank.

The ISG is used to supplement the engine with 54hp & 160Nm of torque, negating the need for the supercharger and reduces the overall vehicle weight by 30kg (despite the bigger motor and larger capacity battery).

It also one of the key components that increases the mean mpg from 120mpg to 280mpg (WLTP combined).

The ISG and the bigger motor combine to lower the engine speed at which maximum torque is delivered from 670Nm@4500rpm to 709Nm@3000rpm. Which should be a mahoosive low down push compared to its predecessor.

Last edited by 007; Feb 1st, 2022 at 22:59.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 007 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 1st, 2022, 22:38   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithsc View Post
Maybe it’s just me and you, if we ever get them 🤷*♂️
That is a very genuine fear, that they don’t actually make the damn things.

Come on guys surely there will be some more in the UK?

I am guessing at least a dozen of each in this ‘select’ club ;-). Given how hard it’s been to get them, and the few weeks they were available, I can’t think there will be hundreds!?!

Last edited by 007; Feb 1st, 2022 at 23:05.
Old Feb 1st, 2022, 22:41   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmy View Post
idle stop and go ISG
I think that just relates to the production line. Seen a lot of stop and idle. Eagerly await the ‘go’
Old Feb 2nd, 2022, 08:41   #8
smithsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
That is a very genuine fear, that they don’t actually make the damn things.

Come on guys surely there will be some more in the UK?

I am guessing at least a dozen of each in this ‘select’ club ;-). Given how hard it’s been to get them, and the few weeks they were available, I can’t think there will be hundreds!?!

I think if they’re going to cancel yours they’d have done it now. I honestly think they’re just prioritising the subscribe and more popular models so we have to wait, even though the PE is obsolete you’d think they’d just build them
smithsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2022, 21:44   #9
buzzman

I think the Polestar Engineered models are still available in other countries. It's just the UK where Volvo have pulled them.
I've seen more than one video online regarding the MY23 V60 with the new Core, Plus, and Ultimate lineup and they clearly stated PE V60 was still in the lineup. Think that was a Dutch video.
buzzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2022, 22:03   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzman View Post
I think the Polestar Engineered models are still available in other countries. It's just the UK where Volvo have pulled them.
I've seen more than one video online regarding the MY23 V60 with the new Core, Plus, and Ultimate lineup and they clearly stated PE V60 was still in the lineup. Think that was a Dutch video.
Really appreciate any links.

I have found nil, nothing, nada on the new unit, lots of claims but nothing that is.

I really don’t think they have built one yet.

The PE has gone from all Volvo sites I tried. It has definitely gone from the .com, which I would expect to be a global site.