Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seatbelt recall experience at Waylands Bristol

Views : 1420

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 28th, 2022, 14:06   #1
Oak

Talking Seatbelt recall experience at Waylands Bristol

Afternoon all - Thought I'd written this post but probably forgot to post it!

I had my old V70 in for the seatbelt recall last week. I'd tried repeatedly to use Volvo Cardiff but they fobbed me off - then told me to stop asking and they'd contact me...of course nothing then heard back!

So I booked the car into Waylands - it's in Filton by the end of the runway for those who know the area.

Great warming welcome and very polite staff. I often feel a little intimidated in the dealers with my old car - Cardiff are really bad for this, you really feel like you're putting them out with your "old crappy Volvo". A reminder call the day before I was booked in too.

The service received was fantastic - polite staff and made to feel valued. Whole thing took about 1.5hrs in total but that included a health check (which the car did surprinsgly well at - no obvious THIS HAS to be replaced/looked at) and then a valet too.

Then sent a video of the inspection via text and email for me to see the technician working on the car. There was absolutely no pressure to follow through with any recommendations (they noted one tyre was 3.6mm and the battery was on reduced capacity) and I sat and waited in their showroom drinking a lovely latte!

Absolutely couldn't fault it. Received a "pack" of the report and confirmation of the seatbelt recall, a gleaming car (alloys still look amazing a week later) inside and out and a genuine thank you for your business.

I didn't spend any money at all (as expected for the recall obviously) but felt very valued and respected. Follow up email the following day too to check I was still happy.

So - Brilliant service but it was the value I felt that I'm really commenting on. I've never had a new car and although I look after my car well i was so nice not to be thought of as "wasting their time" as dealers often do once you've bought a car - never mind bring in an old 15 year old one for free work!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Oak For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 28th, 2022, 19:58   #2
passenger
Master Member

Which years or from-to VIN number are for recall?
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2022, 20:05   #3
Oak

Best to check on the Volvo site

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/v/own/recall

But you can also check on the UK MOT website (assuming you have a UK registered car) and right at the bottom it lists if there’s an outstanding recall.
Old Jan 29th, 2022, 08:15   #4
Tony Rama

Just checked the Volvo link above, and mine needs the seat belt recall.

Anyone have experience of Endeavour Volvo Watford, or should I have a day out in Bristol?
Old Jan 29th, 2022, 10:01   #5
Tatsfield
Premier Member

The majority of Volvo dealers will carry out the recall work efficiently and with good grace. The dealers in Poole did delay the work until they had the parts but they were prompt as soon as Volvo made the parts available to them. I cannot understand why a dealer would treat customers so badly when Volvo pay them to do the work and the customer can bring them additional business. Such dealerships need to be avoided like the plague. If they can make such basically unsound decisions about their business, heaven know what decisions they might make about your car!
Old Jan 31st, 2022, 01:00   #6
monkeh
Pain in the backside

Wish Keith Price Abergavenny would've taken a leaf out of Bristol's book.
Seat belt recall, and a windscreen out of them and they left the remnants of screen fluff on the dash, Didn't clip in the seat trim properly. And the only thing I got out of them as a freebie? A full screenwash bottle!

Lovely... Spent the rest of the afternoon hoovering out the inside AGAIN, to remove the stray glass shards and grubby grot from around the trim.
At least when my Chrysler went to Jeep for its airbag recall they made an attempt of washing the car!
Aber, did the job, botched the seat and handed the car back, relieving me of £550 for the 'screen! Give something back to a customer and they'll keep coming back.
I'll be going to Swansea next time. Rufe, Good as gold.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeh For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 31st, 2022, 10:31   #7
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post

I had my old V70 in for the seatbelt recall last week. I'd tried repeatedly to use Volvo Cardiff but they fobbed me off - then told me to stop asking and they'd contact me...of course nothing then heard back!

So I booked the car into Waylands - it's in Filton by the end of the runway for those who know the area.

Great warming welcome and very polite staff. I often feel a little intimidated in the dealers with my old car - Cardiff are really bad for this, you really feel like you're putting them out with your "old crappy Volvo". A reminder call the day before I was booked in too.

The service received was fantastic - polite staff and made to feel valued. Whole thing took about 1.5hrs in total but that included a health check (which the car did surprinsgly well at - no obvious THIS HAS to be replaced/looked at) and then a valet too.

Then sent a video of the inspection via text and email for me to see the technician working on the car. There was absolutely no pressure to follow through with any recommendations (they noted one tyre was 3.6mm and the battery was on reduced capacity) and I sat and waited in their showroom drinking a lovely latte!

Absolutely couldn't fault it. Received a "pack" of the report and confirmation of the seatbelt recall, a gleaming car (alloys still look amazing a week later) inside and out and a genuine thank you for your business.

I didn't spend any money at all (as expected for the recall obviously) but felt very valued and respected. Follow up email the following day too to check I was still happy.

So - Brilliant service but it was the value I felt that I'm really commenting on. I've never had a new car and although I look after my car well i was so nice not to be thought of as "wasting their time" as dealers often do once you've bought a car - never mind bring in an old 15 year old one for free work!
This is a very New dealer built to and complying with all volvo standards and all staff have been trained properly from the start last August , Just how every dealer should be and will be as each one either complies with or gets replaced ... they have been working on this for 15 years now so expect more big new dealers in the Cities any time soon.
Cardiff will probably be next ... watch that space .
Old Feb 2nd, 2022, 11:28   #8
DrPoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post

Ahh I took mine a few months back to Volvo Cardiff for the seatbelt recall and they were really good and quick sorting it!
DrPoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2022, 14:39   #9
Oak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPoth View Post
Ahh I took mine a few months back to Volvo Cardiff for the seatbelt recall and they were really good and quick sorting it!
Good to hear they've improved Dr - Not been back to the Cardiff dealer in well over two years now since I've been WFH. It's not that local to me either now - Bristol is closer.

Sadly they were very dismissive when I did visit them last with my old V70 - clearly t had issues and they just weren't interested - No reverse beeps (speakers had blown) "That's normal". Stereo doesn't sound right "that's normal" (front speakers had blown too). Economy was very poor (EGR was blocked up) - again "normal" apparently. The list goes on - The only thing they were interested was selling me a new gearbox that might fix my issues...

So - No loss from me but pleased to hear they've improved!
Old Feb 4th, 2022, 10:56   #10
dhr90

Will you use Waylands for servicing? I would be interested to hear if you do and manage to get them to reduce their price to match other nearby garages.

Tags
bristol, dealer, waylands