Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 1.9d cutting out

Views : 554

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 13:59   #1
Adderross94

Default V40 1.9d cutting out

Hello new to the forum been having an issue with my v40 1.9d cutting out while driving for the past couple of weeks and also taking longer than usual to start have taken the car to my local garage and had the fuel filter changed and car has had oil and oil filter changed a few months prior, garage also connected obd scanner to read engine codes but no success have also invested in vida and is reading all modules except ecm as it says it’s not responding have checked fuses and all looks good apart from the cutting out every once in a while car runs fine just confused as to why I cannot read the codes any help would be greatly appreciated 👍
Adderross94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 20:28   #2
Darlo 1
Lunatic.

More than likely the fuel pressure regulator on the high pressure pump is beginning to fail, 5 min job to replace if you can find a new or good second hand one.
S60 D5 2004.
I vape therefore I am.
Darlo 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 21:47   #3
Adderross94

Thanks for the reply I will have a look in the next few days I would like to read the ECM codes as well but all I get is a not responding tab on Vida any ideas why this is happening I also have a c30 t5 I tried Vida on and had no problems reading the ecm also the small box in the corner showing voltage and ignition position was working when connected to the c30 but nothing was showing when connected to the v40 bit of a mystery to me again any help would be great 👍
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ABE607CF-6E27-4EDE-A782-71327BA50064.jpg (56.9 KB, 13 views)
Old Sep 26th, 2019, 15:41   #4
Adderross94

Anyone? 😂
Old Sep 26th, 2019, 17:31   #5
Dancake
Premier Member

In VIDA you need to manually enter the details of your vehicle rather than use VIDA to read the vehicle. This allows you to pull codes. How often does the car cut out? Does it happen only at a certain fuel level?
Dancake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 13:05   #6
Adderross94

Hello cheers for the reply I have tried Vida today and entered the vin number first before scanning for codes and result is still the same ECM not responding and the car has cut out 3 times in 150 miles after a few turns it starts again but takes longer to start than usual even when left for a day or so, Beginning to think there is an earth fault somewhere for the ECM as all fuses in engine bay and drivers footwell are all fine regarding the fuel level It was at half a tank when it first happened bit annoying as love the car and love driving it

Last edited by Adderross94; Sep 27th, 2019 at 13:16.
Old Sep 27th, 2019, 16:41   #7
Adderross94

Hello Also with Vida when connected to the v40 it does not show battery voltage or ignition position in the box on the top right corner but does show up when connected to my c30 is this something to be checked out? Regards