Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Diagnostic Code Readers on sale at Nordic

Views : 15681

Replies : 26

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2009, 00:35   #21
johnnynorthener

thanks davew...just bit the bullet and ordered one £115 all-in - can't see them reducing them again if they had such a mad rush on when they did.
johnnynorthener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 16:40   #22
cambrai

Smile PPC Diagonstic from Nordic parts direct

Hi all,
Just had to post that I received my PPC today as a birthday present. I am so impressed that unexplained SRS URGENT SERVICE REQUIRED ..... GONE!!!! No more after months of annoyance.
Even though I missed out on the £49 deal, (which I watched pass me by as I waited till nearer my birthday), it is certainly a good investment.

Cheers all
Steve
cambrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2009, 18:32   #23
johnnynorthener

I have also now received my Nordic ppc diag tool. plugged it in and has now reset the SRS Airbag Service Urgent message. I had previously had someone out to diagnose the fault. there were 2 errors reported
-> 00D1 - Passenger Seatbelt buckle signal missing and,
-> 0034 - Front Left Side SIPS bag resistance too high.

when we investigated we found that the wireloom connector under the seat was lose - the clip must have come off when i was cleaning...or maybe it was the cd wallet that i keep there that caught and unclipped it when the seat moved. tried resetting the warnings and only the 0034 cleared.

Also found a problem we with the orange cable that runs inside the seat (thinks its linked to the side airbags). I had recently been moving the seat back and forward quite a bit as i was carrying some stuff. The orange outer core had worn and the inner blue(or was it the brown!?)had worn to expose copper. this was then shorting on the seat i guess ! we *suspect* this to have caused the 00D1 error but dont know for defo....read on...

no matter what we tried we couldnt clear the 00D1 message. Then, on this very forum i found a post about the SRS errors can only be cleared once any CEM(think it was this) errors were cleared. when the guy was looking with his box of tricks we were only searching the SRS section for errors so i don't know if there were any errors in the CEM(?) section. We gave up in the end.

Then my PPC Diag box arrived, plugged it in. searched for the errors. then just said reset them all...AND IT DID ! ! ! no more problems. (yet ! !)

Bit of a long post, i know, but i just wanted to get all the info down incase anyone else has had similar probs. not sure if the bare condiuctors in the orange cable were to blame but they're temporarily covered for the minute until i can put some kind of sheath around them (drivers one as well - before that goes)

I love this forum !

johnnynorthener.
johnnynorthener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2009, 19:59   #24
sweedespeed

Default VCT2000 interface

Hi zimma,

You mention that you have managed to decode VCT2000 interface. I have been trying to get VADIS communicate with my 01 Volvo S80 without VCT2000 box. As I understand that main communication goes on CANBUS. So far I have managed to brute force search the request to enable both CANBUS interfaces on the OBD connector which are disabled without active ISO 9141 connection and proper request. But that is as far as I have got. Can you provide a sample request VCT2000 box does on the CANBUS with headers and data? For example read codes request. Does CANBUS need to have a session? Does D2 protocol extend ISO 15765 or is it completely different?

Thanks,
Sweede
sweedespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 15:39   #25
wotsit7

Default PPC Diagnostic System

Hi all,

I have recently purchased my first volvo, a nice s80, 2000 on a "X" reg and it has come up with a few error codes, will this diagnostic reader be compatiable with my volvo, thanks for any replies.
wotsit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2009, 18:56   #26
Penguinistics
VOC Member

Yes it will work with your car
Penguinistics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2009, 16:11   #27
bryand
C30 devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimma View Post
The ultimate aim of this work is to produce a device similar to the BSR PPC (or maybe parter with BSR to produce an update to the PPC) which allows activations aswell as reading codes from the ECU's.
Have you made any progress with this yet? I need a data logging tool for my C30, and what you propose sounds exactly what I need.
bryand is offline   Reply With Quote