Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S70 T5 Auto

Views : 625

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 7th, 2020, 13:42   #1
L7DDO

Default S70 T5 Auto

For sale is my gorgeous S70 T5, tons of receipts, including original bill of sale.

I recently had the alloys refurbished with new Toyo Proxy tyres all round, fitted crystal headlights and indicators and egg crate grille (not shown in the pictures) to freshen things up, and added lots of new bits and bobs done to make this a superb example.

Everything works as it should, drives as expected, with no faults, no leaks, no funny noises, no rust, the bodywork is amazing for its age, no major marks at all and ice cold aircon, which as you know is quite rare in these cars and the interior is in very very good condition, with no sagging door cars etc. She comes with three keys and 2 working fobs, loads and loads of paperwork and full service history. The cambelt was done at 83k miles, so just 7000 miles a go, and MOT'd till Jan 2021

Work I have done since owning her

Alloys refurbished and new Toyo's fitted
Heater Matrix replaced
Crystal Headlights & Indicators
Egg Crate Grille (not shown in pics)
Later C70 Chunky Steering Wheel Fitted
Drivers Door Switch Pack
New Ariel (the old one wouldn't retract)
New Meyle Top Engine Mount
New Mats Fitted
Rear Mudflaps
New Aero Wiper Blades
LED Reverse Bulbs (VERY bright)

I doubt you'll find many S70's that have been this well cared for, and have had this amount of money spent on it, to make things perfect.

A future classic this certainly is, and will only be going up in value over the next few years.

Will come with a pass for the Volvo600 at Bruntingthorpe next year, and an FM Transmitter that works great for sending your phone into the car stereo.

Looking for £3500ono

Last edited by L7DDO; Jun 7th, 2020 at 13:53.
L7DDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2020, 13:50   #2
L7DDO

Pictures in my album

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/album.php?albumid=2357
Old Jun 8th, 2020, 18:24   #3
L7DDO

Anyone got anything to comment?? Too dear?? Poor Ad??

I'm getting interest elsewhere, but nothing concrete

Cheers
Old Jun 8th, 2020, 19:53   #4
rudi dudi
DPF free.FCUK Greta he he

In my opinion your asking stupid money for it..
You might get lucky on Ebay with some muppet but no one in the know is going to go £3.5k.
Don't mean to sound harsh or blunt
Cheers
rudi dudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 10:11   #5
L7DDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi dudi View Post
In my opinion your asking stupid money for it..
You might get lucky on Ebay with some muppet but no one in the know is going to go £3.5k.
Don't mean to sound harsh or blunt
Cheers
Fair do's! But I've seen most sheddy ones go for £2k, that need loads of work.

Maybe I just need to store it for a few years and let it go up in value
The Following User Says Thank You to L7DDO For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 13:44   #6
capt jack
VOC Member

Looks gorgeous, and let's face it, what else but a Volvo of this age would give you that sort of build quality?

£3500 is a lot for a 20-year old car, especially in these times when things are so uncertain.

If you're not in need of a quick sale then I'd suggest holding on to it until things start to settle down again. It might not make £3500, but with some really good photos on the right websites you might get £2750+.

It'd take a lot to prise me out of my 97 S90, but a well-sorted S70 certainly would appeal because I know how good they are. We also have a 98 S70, albeit the 2.5 non-turbo version.

Good luck with the sale.

Jack

PS: Not sure the FM transmitter is a big selling point - they're only £14 in Halfords!
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to capt jack For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 14:36   #7
L7DDO

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt jack View Post

PS: Not sure the FM transmitter is a big selling point - they're only £14 in Halfords!
Damn! I paid £30 for mine! lol

Cheers for the response
The Following User Says Thank You to L7DDO For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 18:20   #8
Baffler
Premier Member

Worth every penny in my opinion! A 20 year old high performance saloon in fantastic condition which, if it had a propeller badge on the bonnet, could be listed for £30k. Stick a 1 before the 3

Good luck with the sale!

May I ask why you've decided to sell up?

'96 854 TDI SE, '99 V70 2.5D S, '05 C70 2.0T Collection, '05 S80 2.0T SE, '15 V70 D4 SE Lux Nav.
Baffler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Baffler For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 18:34   #9
capt jack
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L7DDO View Post
Damn! I paid £30 for mine! lol
Yeah - I was a bit p*****d off too! We bought two at £20 each, only for Halfords to drop the price a few weeks later! They do work very well though, especially as hands-free phone devices.

You might want to list your car on the "carandclassic" website. As far as I know it's free, and you do get a wider exposure. The problem on this site is that we've already all got nice Volvos, and so the market is a bit limited.

Having owned quite a number of Volvo cars over the years I do think that the S70 is one of the most under-rated cars around. It came at a time when Volvo were still really all about estate cars and sadly it never sold in numbers. We've had ours now for 15 or 16 years, it's got 220,000 miles on the clock, and is still a really excellent drive. We recently treated it to four new shocks, tyres and an exhaust, and in all honesty, I can see it doing another 220,000. I think it's actually a better DIY proposition than our other Volvo, a 1997 S90 and I must admit I was sorely tempted by your advertisement. But it would leave me needing to sell the S90 - at a time when there's so much uncertainty job-wise etc, hence my original comment.

Either way, good luck with the sale, even if it means enjoying the S70 for a little while longer!

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2020, 18:37   #10
L7DDO

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffler View Post
Worth every penny in my opinion! A 20 year old high performance saloon in fantastic condition which, if it had a propeller badge on the bonnet, could be listed for £30k. Stick a 1 before the 3

Good luck with the sale!

May I ask why you've decided to sell up?
I havent got the room! I've got a BM 520d on lease, my wifes car, and the S70 on the drive. I've been looking at Merc C63 Bi Turbos for a while, and one's come up that ticks all the boxes. I was going to send the 520d back, but they want too much to settle the lease, so something has to give.

I've made the S70 near perfect for it's age, if I had somewhere to store it, I would, but the local storage companies want £80+ per month to store!

Thanks for your kind comments. I think I MAY have a buyer at near the asking price