Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Check your invoices

Views : 651

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 18th, 2003, 01:34   #1
sheerwater
Master Member

Default Check your invoices

Without mentioning any dealer but those who know the county I live in may be able to identify them. Recently I had a problem with my steering rack which was repaired under the extended Volvo warranty at an official Volvo franchise dealer. Instead of fitting genuine parts , aftermarket parts were fitted. This apparently ''saved'' somebody around about £400 but in so doing denied me genuine parts. Silly me I thought that Volvo dealers always fitted genuine parts. They should do but how many of us actually ask to see the invoice for warranty work. Not many I bet and even if we saw it would we know if the parts were really genuine ?. I wont go into details about the whole case as it would bore many but I sit in the centre of an arguement between three other parties over this and I have never seen so many grown individuals blame each other since I last went to the pantomime. It will resolve itself over time. It begs another question however. How many of us have our car serviced and casually glance at the invoice without checking details. I have invoices for oil changes detailing 40,45 and 58 units of oil. I have also had items listed as being adjusted when the component is not fitted to my car!!!!! The final goody was the service where we found a nice little pack containing some goodies on the front seat of my wifes car after a service. i.e some oil , hand wipes etc. Checking the invoicewe were charged extra for them!!!!
(please no comments about using franchise dealers...you have to under the terms of my warranty!!!)
Cheers Nige
sheerwater is offline   Reply With Quote