Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

For Sale: Mazda MX-5 Sport

Views : 2708

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2020, 18:57   #1
XCR
Master Member

Default For Sale: Mazda MX-5 Sport

Is it permitted to offer a non-Volvo car to Forum Members ?
If so, which section ?
I would rather give first opportunity to a fellow Volvo Owner and hopefully avoid the hassle of eBay.....
Its a nice MX-5 by the way....

Last edited by CTCNetwork; Aug 12th, 2020 at 14:53. Reason: Spaced images. Title Change
XCR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to XCR For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 17:24   #2
biggbn
I've Been Banned

Details? Price?
biggbn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 19:47   #3
XCR
Master Member

With pleasure....I thought it appropriate to ask permission first but, as it would appear to be permitted here are the details....

This is the one to have.
Being the late-model genuine Sport Version you get a 6-Speed Gearbox and 150 Bhp, Larger Diameter Brakes, a Torsen Limited Slip Diff, Front Strut Brace, Additional Chassis Bracing for improved handling, Bilstein Suspension, Heated Perforated Leather Seats along with a number of nice touches like White Clocks and brushed-alloy interior trim, chrome fuel cap, Cibie Front foglights, Sports pedals etc etc....and a very nice Mohair hood with a heated glass screen.
An original unused tonneau cover keeps things neat when the roof is down.

This is a genuinely reluctant sale (due only to lack of space) of our much cherished car which has very recently had lots of money spent on it including...
Recent MOT (no advisories) and a FULL Service (Oil and Filters, Plugs, Leads, Fluids)
New Brakes all round (Discs and pads)
Hub Bearings replaced (these are prone to failure and a very expensive exercise if undiagnosed)
New windscreen (crystal clear - no scratches - no glare)
New FULL Stainless Sports Exhaust system including Sports Cat costing £500 (Adds a few extra BHP, sounds nice and will last a long time)
Recently the stereo was upgraded to a Bluetooth enabled head-unit, which, along with the addition of a folding wind deflector with additional speakers, now produces a very decent sound over the standard equipment.
Theres also an alarm and immobiliser with a visible cabin LED, both original keys and a remote fob which opens the boot too.
Recent tyres with excellent tread, a nice clean engine bay, Custom fitted Waterproof and breathable car covers, handbooks, manual etc. etc....ready to enjoy !

Cheap Classic Insurance too @ £120

Not as cheap as some but a lot nicer than most - £2600

Last edited by XCR; Aug 9th, 2020 at 19:50.
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 20:52   #4
johnjb

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCR View Post
With pleasure....I thought it appropriate to ask permission first but, as it would appear to be permitted here are the details....

This is the one to have.
Being the late-model genuine Sport Version you get a 6-Speed Gearbox and 150 Bhp, Larger Diameter Brakes, a Torsen Limited Slip Diff, Front Strut Brace, Additional Chassis Bracing for improved handling, Bilstein Suspension, Heated Perforated Leather Seats along with a number of nice touches like White Clocks and brushed-alloy interior trim, chrome fuel cap, Cibie Front foglights, Sports pedals etc etc....and a very nice Mohair hood with a heated glass screen.
An original unused tonneau cover keeps things neat when the roof is down.

This is a genuinely reluctant sale (due only to lack of space) of our much cherished car which has very recently had lots of money spent on it including...
Recent MOT (no advisories) and a FULL Service (Oil and Filters, Plugs, Leads, Fluids)
New Brakes all round (Discs and pads)
Hub Bearings replaced (these are prone to failure and a very expensive exercise if undiagnosed)
New windscreen (crystal clear - no scratches - no glare)
New FULL Stainless Sports Exhaust system including Sports Cat costing £500 (Adds a few extra BHP, sounds nice and will last a long time)
Recently the stereo was upgraded to a Bluetooth enabled head-unit, which, along with the addition of a folding wind deflector with additional speakers, now produces a very decent sound over the standard equipment.
Theres also an alarm and immobiliser with a visible cabin LED, both original keys and a remote fob which opens the boot too.
Recent tyres with excellent tread, a nice clean engine bay, Custom fitted Waterproof and breathable car covers, handbooks, manual etc. etc....ready to enjoy !

Cheap Classic Insurance too @ £120

Not as cheap as some but a lot nicer than most - £2600
Very impressive car ,should sell very quickly
johnjb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to johnjb For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 22:31   #5
Dash300
High Grand Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjb View Post
Very impressive car ,should sell very quickly
Agreed. Many electric bicycles cost more!

Maybe the Hokey Cokey is what it's all about!
Dash300 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dash300 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 23:23   #6
XCR
Master Member

Personally, I think its a bargain. But then I would say that !
The truth is though that many of these cars (Mk 2/2.5's) are around 20 years old now and, despite appearances, are often in need of major work which in many cases make them an unviable proposition or a complete headache to sort.
There are many out there at half the price of this one but rest assured, you would spend the same again and much more to attain a similar standard, and who wants the hassle of all that ?
These, just as the Mk1's have, are increasing in value too.
Cheap to insure and run, if you have the space its a no brainer.
Chuck this around on the twisties and you'll discover the limits of your abilities.
With a huge grin.

I'll miss it.
Old Aug 11th, 2020, 14:03   #7
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

Just in the wrong place. It is what "Sales" sections are for.

/Moved...

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11th, 2020, 19:45   #8
XCR
Master Member

Oh, OK.
Moved to 'Generic Parts' ?
What about a section for other vehicles ? Would that be popular ?
In the meantime if you could change my title to 'Mazda MX-5 Sport - For Sale' that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark.
Old Aug 17th, 2020, 15:19   #9
acshortt5
Volvo Nutcase

They are fun cars, handle slightly better than the volvo. This is mine at Blyton Park:

I can say that buying a sport with the lsd/bigger brakes/chassis bracing is cheaper than buying a base spec and adding bits.... although not as fun.

I presume you've been through the financial pain that is the front chassis legs?

Sorry for the huge picture - no idea on how to easily resize it.

1998 S70 T5 CD AUTO
Previously a 1990 240 GLT-R

Last edited by acshortt5; Aug 17th, 2020 at 15:25.
acshortt5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2020, 18:29   #10
XCR
Master Member

Don't apologise mate, its a great picture ! Your car looks great.
I used to live near Blyton and almost took my previous MX5 across there for an open pit lane day but work got in the way...
Still, it probably would've led to financial ruin as I'd have certainly been bitten by that bug !
The front chassis legs look ok on this car, a little surface corrosion but solid.
Theres a weld on kit available I understand, but that looks like being a few years down the line. I had the garage replace all the chassis bracing bolts though as they looked pretty ropey...one or two were found to be in poor shape while the exhaust was being fitted...
I've just changed the leads across to some 8mm silicone jobs and I'm changing the cam sensor tomorrow. They're the last things to be changed now I've upgraded/changed everything ignition side....
The exhaust is now bedding in nicely and theres a little pop/burble on the downshift I'm becoming enamoured with....
This MX5 won't be my last.....

Last edited by XCR; Aug 17th, 2020 at 18:32.