Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

240GLT Estate Headgasket gone I think £250

Views : 842

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 18th, 2009, 12:57   #1
imreallyslowme

Default 240GLT Estate Headgasket gone I think £250

Model: Volvo 240GLT Estate 2.3 Manual
Year: 1990
Colour : Blue
Mileage: 155,000
Tax: until end of this year!
MOT: 9 months
Price: £250
Additional Information:

Headgasket just gone ... I just haven't got the time/enthusiasm to spend a day fixing it!... I have enough cars in bits in the garage as it is!!!

Bad bits first..
Headgasket obviously...dent in OS front arch..arches are bolt on I believe so not too hard to replace if needed
Rear quarter side panel has 2 dents where I transport my Kart in in the back and it has hit the side panel making 2 "outward dents"
No rear seats/rear interior panels/rear carpet/rear seat belts at all...I have used the car as a workhorse/Kart mover
No rear hatch stop light/wiring

Good bits.... rest of the bodywork is excellent
Apart from this headgasket it has NEVER let me down...
New parts added this week just before the HG went!!...Plugs/Dist.cap/Rotor arm(£16!!!!)

New Firestone tyres 2000 miles ago...cost £240!!!!... the virgos are excellent condition aswell
New full exhaust 12 months ago...£155
ALL front and rear suspension bushes changed 2 years ago....not a nice job!!!....that includes rear swingarms, top arms, panhard rod....front wishbone inner and outers, arb outers.

Lowered front and rear springs (from Euro carparts)...were £98 for 4

2nd hand Bilstein HD shocks front and rear.. dont feel any different from standard really so probably not at there best!...just being honest

Recent new radiator (Nissen)....£80

New Battery 3 months ago....£76

Has towbar

I have 4 banded Steel wheels 8x15 (2 with brand new 205/50) .......which could be had cheaply aswell.... tidy but need the tyres removed and welds sealed from inside as 3 of them leak down over a week period...

07811 455225 anytime
Dave

Based in Rayleigh Essex.....
Sorry dont really want to break it unless it ends up going to the scrappers then I'm going to take the wheels and battery off, but cant really take any big stuff off it as it's still sitting in the road outside.
imreallyslowme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2009, 10:06   #2
karlos_uk
Master Member

PM'd about the banded wheels and texted you mate
karlos_uk is offline   Reply With Quote