Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DVD player - new remote? (2004)

Views : 797

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:03   #1
mwalker

Default DVD player - new remote? (2004)

Hi,

We are going to be driving to the south of France tomorrow and Sunday with a 2 year old and 3 year old and our remote control player for the DVD player isn't working... So I am frantically trying to get hold of a replacement. (We have taken the car to a Volvo-approved garage, who got the screen working and then suggested we replace the remote batteries - we did that and it didn't work!) The DVD player itself works, as do the screens but we can't get past the "menu" screen as we can't get the remote to work in order to "play" the DVDs.

So, does anybody know where I can get a replacement DVD remote please?! The model number of the remote is RC-3210a and I think the DVD system must have been installed by "Designer Vision". I work in central London and was really hoping to be able to nip out at some point today to buy one...

I've called "Volvo Cars" in central London who don't have replacement parts because it is probably a Designer Vision system.

I have very limited Volvo/car/technical knowledge so apologies if I've missed something very obvious!

Thank you (I have me fingers crossed somebody will have an idea..!)

MW
mwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 18:56   #2
chb
Master Member

Wink

Mine is a 2004. The remote has too many buttons for the amount of functions you can use. If this sounds like yours then maybe I can help.
mine is functioning, but I would like to replace it for day to day use with a programmable remote that has just the core functions needed.
If you can find such a programmable remote then I would be happy to code it for you using my working remote (I would buy a generic too so that my "master" remote can live in the house).

Let me know if this would help.
chb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2nd, 2011, 21:33   #3
Banzai

Have you tried any other remotes?

Sometimes basic functions are common across different remotes.

Do you have a smart phone or PDA? These can also act as remotes and might work.
Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote