Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti Skid Temporarily off

Views : 11917

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 16:21   #1
cornerwaysuk
Cornerwaysuk

Smile Anti Skid Temporarily off

Hi All,
I hope I am okay doing this, I have several questions for different subjects to my XC90 so I have listed them under different headings, if this is inappropriate can someone tell me, I dont want to annoy anyone!!! Cheers

Forgot to add the car is a XC90 2.5T SE AWD Semi-Auto Year 2005

I have now got my shiny black XC90 and I am quite pleased with it. However there are one or two niggles that i want to sort out. I dont have a manual as yet but i have contacted the previous keeper and await a reply.

The first question is, there is one message on the car....It says Anti Skid is Temporarily Off.......My question is should I be worried, does it make any difference and the stupid question...How do I turn it on again?

The second question relates to the trim, its black with leather seats etc. The peice of plastic that has the electric seat buttons on it is broke on the drivers side. I havnt tried Volvo yet but has anyone got any idea on price and where best to get one from?

The third question relates to the communications pack that is fitted to the car, I have no idea how it works but i want to try it out. Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get 2 sim cards for the same number (one for the car and one for my phone) I ask as it is a pain taking the simcard out of my phone everytime i get in the car

Fourth question is about some things the car needs. I want a full set of mats for the car, The drivers side footwell carpet near the pedal is worn as it has been driven without mats. Any ideas where to get cheap hard wearing mats?
I also want some roof bars that will fit between the existing rails, is there a particular pair that are made specifically for the XC90? If so anyone know what make and where to get them from? The last items i am looking for are a black load cover and rear blinds for all the rear windows. I had these on my V70 and they are excellent. Does anyone have any they want to get rid of or know where i can get them from at a reasonable cost?

Fith and final question....I want to convert the XC90 to LPG I have already had a quote for £950 which isnt bad. Is anyone aware of any issues with the XC90 that I should consider before taking the plunge..ie do they require flashlube kit? I may need to have the cambelt done before I have it LPG converted as I am not sure if it was done at 96000 miles. The current mileage is 105000. What parts are best replaced when the cambelt is replaced? I will most likely source the parts and have a garage fit them rather than just let them do it. Any idea on how much labour it should cost?

Sorry to bore everone with my volley of questions and information finding, I want to get using the XC90 but not before I have sorted it all out. If anyone is interested I am selling my LPG Converted Lexus RX300!!!

Any help or advice as always is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by cornerwaysuk; Sep 3rd, 2011 at 16:24.
cornerwaysuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 18:55   #2
crankie

my v70 somtimes says "anti skid temporaliy swiched off" for 30 seconds when i first start it but never at any other time
crankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 19:04   #3
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Hello and ,

here is a LINKY to the user manual just download the .pdf document.

Q.5 - If your service history has been with Volvo then just pop tour local Volvo dealer and they will be able to bring it up on the computer if it has had the belt done or not - could save you a small fortune? Is there no sticker on the cover at all or somewhere near the cover in the engine bay to say that it has been done?

Last edited by SonyVaio; Sep 3rd, 2011 at 19:09.
SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 19:23   #4
owenfackrell
Premier Member

You can turn parts of the traction control off with the dtsc button on the dash this also turns it on. I also use a Pre pay sim card in mine.
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 20:48   #5
Ron_XC90
Master Member

Hi Cornerswayuk,

If you manually disable dstc, it will be back on again when you switch ignition off and on, so if the message still appears after that there is a fault somewhere. I had this message a few times and have cleaned the ABS rings and sensors at all 4 wheels and the message never came back again. I have also read on this forum advise on checking the ABS rings themselves for cracks and something about loose bolts?!

The plastic seat trim costs around £15 from the dealer

Depending on your provider you can get a multi-sim which share the same number, or alternatively get a pay-as-you go as owen suggested and divert your phone to the car's sim when driving.

There are many car-mat sellers on Ebay for around £20 a set. Volvo original will be 4 times that...

There are some issues mentioned about LPG conversion and gearbox issues but believe that to mainly affect the T6

Have a search for some of your questions, there are many topics already covered here
Member of the Gloucestershire & Worcestershire 4x4 Response group. www.gw4x4r.co.uk
Ron_XC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 21:19   #6
cornerwaysuk
Cornerwaysuk

No, there is no sticker, i do hope it has been done but if not ill just have to take the hit! Cheers
Old Sep 3rd, 2011, 21:25   #7
cornerwaysuk
Cornerwaysuk

Thanks for that, very helpful. I have searched the forum but i am a little confused as to all the terms etc. I have now downloaded the manual so at least i can have a good look at what i have got in the car. Just ordered a full set of mats from a company in Skegness only £17.95. Found their details in the links, also found the broken trim isnt all that expensive from Volvo, so ill sort that out on Monday. Many thanks for the replies very helpful.
Old Sep 4th, 2011, 13:58   #8
bigtree
Not so Junior Member

On mine the anti skid temporarily off followed anti skid service required message.

Mine was cured by having the BCM (brake control module) recalibrated by volvo, they did this for free after i had the 4 wheel alignment done with them.

One thing on the mats, i bought the genuine volvo mats for around £50 from the main dealer, they match the colour perfectly and are tailored to the car. There are plenty of links to contacts at the dealers on the forum if you decide to change for genuine Volvol mats
bigtree is offline   Reply With Quote