Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

A/C drier and front pipes advice please!

Views : 291

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 14th, 2021, 22:20   #1
Green440wedge

Default A/C drier and front pipes advice please!

So my a/c packed in and upon inspection, strangely, a pipe below the drier has worn through against the fog lamp and therefore caused a rupture. I'm talking about pipe part 9166295 from what I can work out. This was replaced by part 8687569, but Volvo cannot confirm if this superceded the early part or if it is different, such as different fittings. So my first question is can anyone advise me upon this please? As it happens I can source the original part from continental breakers although the later part can be purchased new. My second question relates to the drier. I was once told that if an a/c system loses its pressure and is left, then the drier should be replaced. These are inexpensive. However, my second question is can the drier be changed without lowering the entire radiator block, can it be done in-situ?. Thanks in advance for any experienced advice!
Green440wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 22:38   #2
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile drier ?

I had a similar thing happen 5 years ago the hose had worn thru with chafing, i ended up getting a replacement hose from a breakers, swapped it out and then got a garage to regas it, i dont think they replaced the drier but its still working great 5years plus. I also had to have the radiator out recently to replace the intercooler have some pics somewhere if your interested, i left the ac radiator in place and had the coolant rad and intercooler out to swap..
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14th, 2021, 22:58   #3
Green440wedge

Hi thanks I'd be interested to see any such photos....
Green440wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15th, 2021, 11:22   #4
Thassos
GoldMember

Smile pics

Well seems i didnt take too many other pics before putting it all back together, but the first is one of Pass side, also found some old pics taken when i had maybe the same hose fail, is this the one thats gone on yours? i do recall the volvo hose price was kinda steep !! You might find a local mobile aircon type service is a very cost effective fix, they can also pressure check the system before re-gassing it, luckliy youll have the older R143 refrigerant, as they swapped to a more eco friendly gas thats twice the price on cars after 2014ish..

Some info on those refrigerants,
https://www.vehicleservicepros.com/s...ants-to-r-134a
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AC_170306.JPG (271.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg AC_hose1.JPG (197.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg AC_hose2.JPG (178.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg AC_hose3.JPG (172.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Thassos; Jul 15th, 2021 at 11:30. Reason: a link (as if your really concerned..)
Thassos is offline   Reply With Quote