Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tailgate rubber seal (weather strip?)

Views : 415

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 11th, 2019, 23:22   #1
Johnny64

Default Tailgate rubber seal (weather strip?)

Hi Everyone
I'm new here and have had my K reg 240 Torslanda about 8 months and love it. Its very, very tidy but has a deteriorated rubber seal (referred to as the 'weather strip' in the Haynes manual) around the tailgate. The question I want to ask is: does the rubber strip have a built in metal strip integral to the seal? there is a fair bit of rust in one lower corner where moisture has settled and its hard to tell if the seal is an entirely rubber item and the metal element is actually part of the tailgate or separate strip.. apologies if i'm not being very clear, I will try to add some photos. I basically want to know if that seal is only a genuine Volvo item or if a generic rubber seal can be sourced and fitted. Thanks in advance, Johnny.
Johnny64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2019, 12:03   #2
AlexO

Hi Jonny,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Volvo ownership! I can tell you that the rear door rubber strip is all rubber and not part of the tailgate, unless that's specific to the torslander (which I don't think it is). The strip on my 240 has basically fallen off on one corner which has taught me a lot about the anatomy of the rear door.

Hope that helps,

Alex
Old Aug 12th, 2019, 13:40   #3
ovlov236

Default volvo 240

Hello Johnny
Try Vp Parts In Sweden Item Number 688372 Tailgate Rubber ive Bought Many Parts From Them Easy To Deal With
ovlov236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13th, 2019, 20:53   #4
Johnny64

Hi and many thanks Alex and ovlov, that's great. I will check out Vp parts straight away!
Johnny64 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnny64 For This Useful Post: