Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo diagnostics -map of members that can help

Views : 358720

Replies : 414

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 26th, 2014, 14:22   #121
stansnuts

Smile help please ozwozere!

Hi, I'm in Bolton down the road from ozwozere and need the "engine system service required" fault clearing from my display following an oil change on a 2007 V50 D5. I've siphoned off some oil so that it now reads just above the minumum level on the dipstick but the fault code is still there. Can your kit remove this message for me? Biscuits/cakes of your choice will be supplied!
stansnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 15:08   #122
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansnuts View Post
Hi, I'm in Bolton down the road from ozwozere and need the "engine system service required" fault clearing from my display following an oil change on a 2007 V50 D5. I've siphoned off some oil so that it now reads just above the minumum level on the dipstick but the fault code is still there. Can your kit remove this message for me? Biscuits/cakes of your choice will be supplied!
It takes about 20 miles before the oil level gauge updates itself , best wait until that period has passed ..
Old Apr 26th, 2014, 22:28   #123
Peter 62
Master Member

Tku.

Have my 'gear' on order and heard today that it has been sitting at Heathrow since the 9th of this month. Hopefully get it soon and will be set up to add myself to the list of people available to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddys Cat View Post
I have an OBD2 bluetooth reader and the software ''Torque'' just getting to grips with it at the moment and i am down the road from you in Worthing if you need a hand ?

2004 V70 Facelift, Auto Silver
Peter 62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2014, 10:32   #124
stansnuts

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stansnuts View Post
All sorted now, took it the dealers, Doves in Blackburn, who "recalibrated the oil sensor" and cleared the message from the display for £36. Apparently 5.2-5.3 litres is the recommended fill level now on a D5 when changing oil and filter.
stansnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 22:17   #125
bournricha
bournricha

Default volvo diagnostics

I accept the point that volvo have put a lot of money into the software for new models ,but those cars are probably under warranty or new enough (and the owners rich enough )to have them garage serviced and repaired.Those owners are unlikely to be tearing their hair out trying to diagnose faults on a Saturday afternoon!
There ought to be a point, in all fairness ,I would suggest seven years ,where Volvo say ok weve made enough out of these cars,let the enthusiasts have the software to keep their old motors running.
After all they get enough P.R miles out their reputation for longevity ,so why not help us out a bit,instead of being awkward.
If they wont help us people are quite right morally to pirate the stuff ,because lets face it they are acting like blackmailers in demanding a ransom for stuff for which they have by this stage been amply repaid ,I am sure.
E.g I have a rather handless friend who owns an x90,and was told that a routine service ,a tyre ,a trackrod end ,and an Mot,would cost nearly £800!
He took his business away,but somebody must be paying these prices.
I have found one way round this is to have a stock of components which you can collect on the forum ,or by stripping another car,they are pretty cheap,and testing by substitution.
bournricha
bournricha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 08:22   #126
Rodagnis

Default Volvo s80 t6 2000 cam seal driver side rear one

Hello guys i looking for any idea of how can i replace the cam seal where is located the camshaft position sensor driver side rear one on a volvo s80 t6 2000
Rodagnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2014, 10:55   #127
gerardh66

What agreat idea to devise a map
gerardh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2014, 20:33   #128
Hoochienoballs

Vida/Dice and generic code reader Wirral.
Hoochienoballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2014, 22:59   #129
craigblues
VOC Member

My Dice seems to be playing up. Anyone in the Worcestershire area got one I could borrow/pop along to you for a quick read?
craigblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 14:12   #130
jtaw45

Anybody in Hull or surrounding area with Vida/Dice that would be willing to hook up my 2004 XC90 D5? I'd be most gratefull. Cheers.
jtaw45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jtaw45 For This Useful Post: