Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo diagnostics -map of members that can help

Views : 358776

Replies : 414

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 15th, 2012, 15:52   #51
V50sport

I live in Plymouth in the south west and I'm struggling to find anyone with a decent Volvo code reader.
V50sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 16:00   #52
GMad
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1564 View Post
If there duff we just clean e'm or change e'm mate...

Yup, that's about standard for any dealer of any marque and the Monkeys, sorry Mechanics therein and precisely the reason I would rather do it myself
Old Aug 15th, 2012, 16:08   #53
V50RDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by V50sport View Post
I live in Plymouth in the south west and I'm struggling to find anyone with a decent Volvo code reader.
Spriggys Autos in Plymstock Plymouth have one i think. I visted them a while back a really good service from the younger lad there but the owner is a bit of a grumpy one but was a early saturday morning though!
V50RDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 01:49   #54
MarkOne

Default V70 1999 2.5 10 valve SRS read/reset

Hi all,

Before I start contacting you kind folks with your expensive diagnostic tools I need to know which tool/software combination is going to read and hopefully reset my SRS light.

I am hoping its just one of the plugs under a seat that's been disturbed (as I've read on other posts).

My car is a 2.5 10 valve registered 19/03/1999, it has a throttle cable and a blue grille badge. (I've read these might be important indicators) I haven't had a look at the ECU as the security strap is still in place over the box but assume it is the Fenix ECU. (which I am aware i need an led tester to read).

I have purchased an FTDI usb cable and have downloaded Vol-FCR demo version from Ilexa, this has been successful in obtaining codes from the Climate control and Alarm modules and seems to connect to SRS module (get Comms Status OK, and a Module ID and Software code) then Read DTC button gives an "Invalid Data" message.

Does anyone have previous experience of this and hopefully a resolution?

I am aware Vol-FCR states support for only 97-98 V70's and if it is never going to work does anyone know the correct combination of tools which will enable me to read and reset the SRS?

Sorry for the long post, I hope you managed to read it through without losing interest and giving up.

Thanks in advance,
Mark
MarkOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16th, 2012, 07:38   #55
d2k

calling littonlad......

your the closest to me & i need the SRS warning reset please.....
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 12:04   #56
Danger

me too, tried to install the damn software but getting nowhere.

calling RobH in Salford and S60wilbur in Warrington: you guys are closest, any chance of a help with this? stupid airbag light, stupid MOT, stupid me leaving it to the last minute...
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 14:28   #57
dmsims

Quote:
Originally Posted by V50sport View Post
Have just added myself to the map (first one in South West!)

Live a couple of miles from Torquay and have Vida/Dice
dmsims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 21:51   #58
tim365uk

Hi,
Can anyone in the North West help please? I'm in the North East Wales area.
Thank you,
Tim
tim365uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 20:11   #59
wolfieph

Default Reset SRS Airbag message

I've just had my Volvo V70 D5 DIM repaired by Volvo Diagnostic (Lucas), but my local garage cannot reset the message ""SRS Airbag Service Urgent". Does anyone know of a Bristol outfit with a code reader able to reset this?
wolfieph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2012, 21:04   #60
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfieph View Post
I've just had my Volvo V70 D5 DIM repaired by Volvo Diagnostic (Lucas), but my local garage cannot reset the message ""SRS Airbag Service Urgent". Does anyone know of a Bristol outfit with a code reader able to reset this?
The main dealer or good independant will be able to do it ..