Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Would you buy another Volvo?

Views : 165806

Replies : 612

Users Viewing This Thread :  

View Poll Results: Would you buy another Volvo?
Definitely yes 577 54.18%
Likely yes 329 30.89%
Probably no 113 10.61%
No way Nellie 46 4.32%
Voters: 1065. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 17th, 2012, 18:08   #21
r-designbob
Premier Member

Yes I'd have another, in fact I'm thinking of getting the C30 for better fuel consumption, now that I'm officially retired and I don't need to carry tools and stock etc.
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 19:20   #22
jays40
S40 JAY

I have owned three volvo's, two 440's and a S40 i am looking forward to owning my 4th volvo. So thumbs up for me.
jays40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 19:21   #23
ASt85
Premier Member

Default definitely would....

Yes definitely would, but will go for an older model e.g. 850/940/760/240 & etc primarily because having experienced the ridiculous behaviour of the on board electronics of the more recent models, I would rather go for a better built model that can be mechanically managed, without the obscure software that ties components to a particular VIN number.
Reasons – {but not necessarily in the right order Mr. Preview.}
1) - It is not environmentally friendly to throw away repairable components just because the manufacturer likes to make even more profit off the back of serial and multiple one-off eproms.
2) - Simplicity makes for a more reliable piece of merchandise, whether that it be a single bladed razor or a 137mph car.
3) – Spending ever increasing amounts of money on a new car neither makes initial economic sense nor the longer term devaluation.
4) – Newer cars have a shorter projected life span than those that were manufactured more than 15 years ago, both in terms of the longevity, gauge and quality of the metals used in their construction and the ability to rebuild components.
5) – What is actually wrong with having the ability to grease a bearing on a regular basis rather than throw it away after 140K miles?
6) - Even if you have to pay someone to do the greasing, it provides employment and is more user friendly of diminishing metal resources.
7) – A model name is easier on the ear than a maker’s name and a model number.....................
8) – You don’t need a PhD in programming to activate a software update to operate the headlights or lighter.
9) - Timing chains may chatter, but duplexes rarely fail!
10) - Old f***s prefer cars where you can see the engine, oil leaks, belts and visually count the spark plugs rather than look at "nice" matt plastic covers with the makers name on!

V70 SE 2004 2.3L T5 Geartronic, C70 2005 2.0T Automatic, Sold 2.4l 20 Valve Automatic Torslander Sold 854 GLT 20v Auto

Last edited by ASt85; Jan 17th, 2012 at 20:17. Reason: punctuation!!
ASt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 21:34   #24
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteus XC60 View Post
I want the other family car to have some sporting credentials, and, for me at least, Volvo still doesn't have that.

what about an s60 heico? 330ps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZe1EyfU7Xw
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 22:29   #25
GMad
Premier Member

I didn't vote in the poll because I really am open minded..
Ford Mondeos are figuring quite high on my like list at the moment, but that could change?
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 22:47   #26
JIM C
Forum Support Team

I bought my first in 1986 a 240 GLT and owned a Volvo ever since. Unlikely to buy anything else. The seats are a great selling point. Nothing I have driven has been so comfortable.
Jim
Old Jan 17th, 2012, 22:48   #27
844PHW
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
I've just bought a new C30 and they were quite happy to swap the spare wheel and tool kit out of my old one.
With a full size spare, I would probably want to swap the complete set of wheels (where incidentally I rotate the front ones with the spare), I can't see anyone complaining - after all the buyer would get a set of new alloys and tyres on his second hand volvo.
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 09:57   #28
jimbg
Master Member

OK, one person says "no way nellie" !

I would be interested to know why?
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 10:04   #29
Thanatos
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASt85 View Post
10) - Old f***s prefer cars where you can see the engine, oil leaks, belts and visually count the spark plugs rather than look at "nice" matt plastic covers with the makers name on!

Oh Dear i must be getting old as have allways prefered to tsee the engine rather then a peice of plastic that hides the leaks

and oh yeah i would have another
Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2012, 13:28   #30
chiddy

A definite yes for me. Got my second XC60 on order (March delivery). Swapping my 09-plate (MY10) S Drive for a D5 R-Design. Absolutely love the car and a great local dealer who offered a fantastic deal to change.

Never thought I would be a Volvo owner the first time, let alone the second, but I looked at all the options again (X3 and Q5). I just did not like them as much as the XC and their dealers were not offering a competitive cost to change against Volvo.
chiddy is offline   Reply With Quote