Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Sc-801 aux input hack

Views : 6640

Replies : 54

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 11th, 2014, 18:10   #51
Crying freeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingThunder View Post
There is a great video of something very similar by RobertDIY on you-tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgdvXB2PdnI

HTH
Thanks RT! I did watch that but was worried about doing it to mine cos of the 2v hook up, it may be tarty but I just like the clean idea of not having a tape rolling around in there lol
The Following User Says Thank You to Crying freeman For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2019, 16:04   #52
Blufrawg

Just found this thread and the photos are no longer linked. The part that I'm interested in is this:

"Also, we need a SHORT length, one end onto the RUN DET and the other end onto the pin labelled."

What do you connect the RUN DET to so that it fools the unit in to thinking a tape is inserted?
Blufrawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2019, 00:20   #53
gettinold

Blufrawg - any 12v feed within the unit will do the trick. If unsure, you could run a longer length of cable out of the back of the stereo and connect it to anything with a 12v feed behind the dash. I'd find something switched ( ie with ignition) to avoid any possibility of a battery drain.
I'm hoping to pry open my HU603 ( from my '00' V70) and solder in an aux in lead this next weekend - the principle is the same - can always pop up a couple of pics if it helps.
gettinold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17th, 2019, 13:23   #54
PiotrWin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbych View Post
ok some of you may have already seen my previous posts about this, which is 20 pages, and has many other aspects.

So, i decided, whilst doing a hack today, to create a new set of instructions

WHAT IS THE HACK

The Hack is the BEST way to get an AUX input into your SC801. This also works on the SC802, SC805 and SC800. It will prob also work on the Sc900.901 but i have not tested this yet.

WHY IS IT THE BEST?

well put simply, it's cheap. the parts cost around £5. BUT Cheap does nto mean bad quality. In fact, the method i have now used, taps DIRECTLY onto the main board, so gives DIRECT sound without interferance

Yes, you can purchase other items, such as the BLITZSAFE etc, which will give you AUX via the CD CHANGER port. but with this, you get to KEEP THE CD CHANGER fitted, and still have the AUX.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Wel,, it works by removing the TAPE deck, and using the TAPE selector on the front to access the AUX. NO one uses TAPES now, so it is no loss.

SO, PLEASE EXPLAIN IS.

Well, first step is to pull your stereo out of the car, making sure you have the CODE
Any chance of getting the pictures back up again?
PiotrWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2021, 19:42   #55
martinhess

Hi, its possible with the text i think. But the RUN DET will not be found so easy.. Take this advise from "pakabassplaya": https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=89936&page=30
I did it yesterday and it works.
martinhess is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to martinhess For This Useful Post: