Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Calling V60 T6 Polestar Owners

Views : 26376

Replies : 111

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 29th, 2015, 09:32   #1
EWAC
too long to remember

Thumbs up Calling V60 T6 Polestar Owners

last weekend I picked up my Polestar and it got me thinking as there aren't many about!

I was thinking of using this thread to create a list of owners, whether to just share experiences or even keep a list of owners if one is to ever go missing

So if your an owner, come and join the party

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
EWAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2015, 15:35   #2
MCV60
Master Member

Without de-railing the thread. As I can only dream of owning a Polestar. Would you mind uploading some photos and a mini owners review?
MCV60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2015, 15:43   #3
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

You will find that they are not as rare as you think - lots of people here have it and the little blue badge on the back of the car is sadly no longer unique

I guess that is the cross we have to bear for buying popular cars (or cars that became popular )
Old Oct 29th, 2015, 16:24   #4
MCV60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
You will find that they are not as rare as you think - lots of people here have it and the little blue badge on the back of the car is sadly no longer unique

I guess that is the cross we have to bear for buying popular cars (or cars that became popular )

I was under the impression OP owned an actual 3.0 T6 Polestar(350hp) not paid for the remap on D3 and little blue badge? Hence the title of the topic.

Last edited by MCV60; Oct 29th, 2015 at 16:26. Reason: additional text
MCV60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MCV60 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 29th, 2015, 17:08   #5
EWAC
too long to remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCV60 View Post
I was under the impression OP owned an actual 3.0 T6 Polestar(350hp) not paid for the remap on D3 and little blue badge? Hence the title of the topic.
Correct its not a remap and badge

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
EWAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2015, 17:36   #6
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

I stand corrected - but would ask if it isn't remapped what is the polestar bit in the title doing that I was referring to?
Old Oct 29th, 2015, 18:37   #7
I-S
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
I stand corrected - but would ask if it isn't remapped what is the polestar bit in the title doing that I was referring to?
http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volvo/v60-polestar

The car is a polestar engineered vehicle - they started wtih a V60 T6 and fettled the engine, gearbox, suspension, wheels, brakes, etc.

Quote:
Not that Polestar Volvos are solely about spoilers. In the V60’s case, Polestar started with a 3.0-litre T6 R-Design model and then went to town as much as possible without needing to tear up the undemanding servicing and maintenance routine.

The straight six engine gets a new twin-scroll turbocharger from Borg-Warner, a new intercooler, a new stainless steel active exhaust system and new ECU settings. The six-speed automatic transmission and Haldex electro-hydraulic four-wheel drive system have more aggressive control settings, too.

What results is 345bhp, 369lb ft and a launch control-governed 0-62mph claim of 5.0sec. Not quite the stuff of like-for-like Audi RSs or Alpina BMWs, but it’s probably gutsy enough for a level-headed Volvo. There has never been a more powerful production car from Gothenburg than this.

A bigger overhaul has been carried out on the V60’s chassis, informed by the experience of running current S60s as racing cars since 2012 but optimised for the road. Polestar Motorsport added the stiffness and dynamic poise required for this V60 in several ways, starting with a carbonfibre strut brace between the two front suspension turrets.

Shorter suspension springs were then fitted, making for a ride height lowered by just 3mm over that of the standard V60 T6 R-Design. That small difference may not strike you as much, but the spring rates were increased by a whopping 80 per cent, with the stiffer pair on the rear axle, as tends to be the case in performance cars where the need for clean directional response gets the nod over outright ride comfort.

New Öhlins dampers were specified, but damping was toughened up elsewhere through the use of stiffer top mount and tie blade suspension bushings.The running chassis overhaul is completed by 371mm Brembo front brake discs with six-piston calipers and bespoke Polestar Motorsport 20-inch alloy wheels wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres.

Last edited by I-S; Oct 29th, 2015 at 18:40.
I-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to I-S For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 2nd, 2015, 03:33   #8
Stuart Matheson

Default V60 Polestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWAC View Post
last weekend I picked up my Polestar and it got me thinking as there aren't many about!

I was thinking of using this thread to create a list of owners, whether to just share experiences or even keep a list of owners if one is to ever go missing

So if your an owner, come and join the party
Hi. I have just bought a V60 Polestar in Ice white. My brother-in-law picked the car up from Parks Volvo in Ayr on Saturday. Unfortunately i'm in Hong Kong at the moment and will have to wait three weeks to see and drive this beautiful machine. It was pre-registered in March but has only 154 miles on the clock. I have attached a few photos of the car. How are you enjoying your own car? There are some great youtube videos on the car including one from Autocar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kfz37070667_sj15ngz_1.jpg (49.6 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg kfz37070667_sj15ngz_2.jpg (57.6 KB, 124 views)
Stuart Matheson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2015, 10:06   #9
scvolvo
Premier Member

I've seen a few that have been on the Dyno and they seem to produce a bit more than 350bhp and 369ft lbs, more like 380bhp and 410ft lb.

The polestar mapped t6s v60s, xc60s are fast than Volvo claim, a couple of large mags had to test a few of them in one road test as they were a lot faster than Volvo quoted. Xc60s 0-60 5.5 have been tested quite a few times, one mag said "who knew Volvo underestimate there performance" I know it's not there selling point performance, but if your selling a performance version you'd think testing it would be advisable.

Can one of you guys Dyno one please, as it would be interesting to know.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1542415576082157/
https://m.facebook.com/swedishevents/
scvolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2015, 15:40   #10
don kalmar union
Trader

Default Getting better value.

Checking on 'autotrader' there are around a dozen of these cars still gathering dust at dealers around the UK some 12 months after coming into stock.

It would seem that Volvo misjudged , to put it gently, the value the UK market would attach to these cars, certainly nowhere close to the original asking price close to £50,000.

'nearly new', pre registered or under some other subterfuge they seem to be close on £30,000 now and will probably be sub £20,000 this time next year.

I know several who have driven one and they have certainly been impressed by the handling although none would have paid the asking price and it seems still find them novelties that they might consider when they are priced sensibly some time quite soon....

Apparently the upcoming V40 p* will not be offered here in the UK, maybe, somewhat like our Aussie cousins with their really lukewarm OZ market p*s, Volvo have sussed that we are not as green as we are cabbage looking and wont be suckered by their greedy , unrealistic and uninformed pricing.

Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com

Last edited by don kalmar union; Nov 2nd, 2015 at 15:44.
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post: