Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

How to use the LPG/ CNG section

Views : 1448

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 18th, 2017, 01:35   #1
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Default How to use the LPG/ CNG section

How to use this forum (or any other come to that)

I can't believe I have to write this but I do.

On this section of the forum, there's really only two blokes answering Q's. For more general stuff, 'classicswede' has likely forgotten more than I know, so there's him and yours truly. 'classicswede' is a proper LPG guy whereas I'm an electronics engineer that by defaiult was froced to learn about Necam systems to keep my own car on the road. My experience is limited to the Necam systems fitted to these cars. I've not asked him however, I'm sure I can write the following on 'classicswedes' behalf, as well as my own. This section relies on the goodwill of the two of us. 'Classics' a big boy now, I'm sure if he disagrees with my words he'll say as much.

Known for it, I will be blunt.
I get bored of answering the same question buried in threads about other issues, and because these queries take up my time, and head-space, I have little sympathy for those that do it, simply because if I trouble with answers, give my help, Google will never find my words for others to take advantage of.

So my words or 'classics' end up profiting only the very perpetrator of the problem. I have no wish to help the sort a&$e that would do this. Nor do i have time for posts that are so pig lazy as to be Headlined as 'Help' etc. Again, because it speaks a volume about the originator. Google etc can't index 'Help'.

Whereas 'Volvo Bifuel CNG/LPG starting and pulsing throttle' will be found by all looking for info on the subject. You might even get a solution to your problem by posting this way, and others may come along at some point to add to the knowledge base. This seems to be a major leap for many of you, and I wonder why I give up my time, when many can't be bothered to even do that. If it is a major leap, we've got a living to make, so 'classic' and yours truly are likely wasting our time answering you anyway.

Did it ever occur, you've never clicked on search results for 'Help' in Google, simple because Google can't index 10 million 'Helps' in any meaningful way? Or come to that your query about any differnt topic buried in another? No thought not. So I was right, classic and yours truly are likely wasting our time answering you anyway. Good, that leaves only intelligent queries from intelligent posts. Simply because they undertand that when they've found the solution their moral duty is to put the problem and it's solution on here. Not hard is it? Remember one of my motives for doing this is to learn more myself. I can't do this with 'Help'. So please, to the pig lazy knuckle-dragger that types 'help', for kick-off, write a subject heading that reads like the words you'd have used to search for the very same.

Because that is how the web and this forum works. Which is where I came in. Methinks, I wonder if the penny will ever drop?

I fear 'classic' might have used a tad more charm. As it was and ever shall be

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Feb 18th, 2017 at 02:07.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2017, 09:42   #2
vzh7gk

Well said!
'93 Morgan 4/4 1.8 Zetec; '90 Land Rover Defender 90 SW 200Tdi
vzh7gk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2017, 09:44   #3
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Yeah f*&wit alert...

"Advice needed"
"Another Valve"
"Help"
"LPG advice"

When I see stuff like this I read "a&%*!"

The search engines can't use these. The core of the internet is nullified. Can you see why? So to answer them is a gift only to the originator, and nearly a waste of time. Because the rest of us have to read the lot to find the content of the thread.

If you're too stupid to write:

'Volvo 240 PRINS/OHMI/Biggas/ Necam etc etc LPG Starting / Tickover / Injectort/ Vapouriser / Leak Blah Issue'...

why should the rest of us help you. You're clearly an 'a&^%@'

So, to teh mouthbreathers and oxygen thieves, you get the idea... I hope.

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Feb 18th, 2017 at 09:58.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21st, 2017, 01:30   #4
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

Russki wrote:

Quote:
That was a suggestion that it can be a little more sense to have only one thread with all of the information inside instead of dozen more with the exactly same problem started all over again with no solution in the end but angry post from someone because exactly the same thing was happening before and before.
That's a good idea, we've 34 pages in this section. I'll have a word with the Modmins, get the lot lumped into one 400 page thread.