Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

OMVL lpg kit is not compatable with 900 series cars.

Views : 1567

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 09:21   #1
GeoffB

Smile OMVL lpg kit is not compatable with 900 series cars.

This information is from a very clear statement by FES Autogas the UK importer of OMVL systems from Italy.

In addition do not place any faith in the Liquid Petrolium Gas Assoc. ( LPGA)

I found them very disappointing in a big dispute which I had to take to Small Claims Court.

I won though !

There are a lot of cowboys & outright rogue traders in the lpg industry.
GeoffB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 13:07   #2
Terminator
VOC Member

It is a shame you had a bad experience.

I am happy to recommend Arun Autogas in Littlehampton, West Sussex who did a good job in fitting my BRC System and have been excellent at resolving a couple of minor niggles I had following the installation.

Maybe we need to add a 'Recommended LPG Installers' thread to this part of the forum - Mods?
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 19:24   #3
FRUB
I wish I understood!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffB View Post
This information is from a very clear statement by FES Autogas the UK importer of OMVL systems from Italy.

In addition do not place any faith in the Liquid Petrolium Gas Assoc. ( LPGA)

I found them very disappointing in a big dispute which I had to take to Small Claims Court.

I won though !

There are a lot of cowboys & outright rogue traders in the lpg industry.
I do agree that the LPG industry is littered with people who think that they know everything that there is to know about fitting LPG to any car that comes their way. It's cost me a fortune over the years to rectify the the issues that the installer caused - not least of which was the head gasket. I should have known when I saw the horses tied up at the hitching rail outside his workshop! I would have gone down the same route as you but he went to the wall before I could.

I'm not up to speed with which system is which, mine's a Longas Astral system and seems ok - touch wood.

Frub
FRUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8th, 2008, 21:04   #4
davebarny57

Smile lpg systems one kit will not fit all

The major issue with LPG fitting is not with the fitters but the UK suppliers who sell the systems and pass there so called knowledge on Most in my experience will sell you a system to fit the car your asking for without knowing fully if there where any problems using the fitters as a problem solving base and then washing there hands when you hit a problem.I was in the industry and tried most of the major suppliers and took there so called training with many frustrating results finally opting to go direct to the manufactures to purchase the goods There are quite a few cowboys out there but the LPGA is there to try to set a standard on quality and safety with theory test and practical tests too ensure competence in the system they are tested on As in your chosen Carr-ear there are good and bad if the bad lpga certified fitters have prov-en bad records they will be struck off so in my humble opinion the lpga fitter is the only route to go for at least they have gone to the trouble to get there place of work inspected and are trying to fit approved systems
davebarny57 is offline   Reply With Quote