Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Gauging Interest in bits from my T5 before I break it!

Views : 3062

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 7th, 2012, 09:09   #1
rallysteve
Master Member

Default Gauging Interest in bits from my T5 before I break it!

Sadly due to a lack of cash, space and the need for a cheap car to get to work I am going to have to break my 97/98' V70 T5. Although its a very solid car and has infact just had a brand new windscreen, the need for a new MAF sensor and Cambelt just means its not viable for me to repair. therefore I am going to have to break it. As i dont really have the space to keep it too long I want to find out what people would be interested in whilst its still on the road so I can plan accordingly.

The car is a 98MY V70 T5 SE in Coral Red (428) however I have spent a fair few quid on bits for it in the last 18 months. I have definate parts to sell when I break (around new year):

Set of 4 Genuine 18" Pegasus Alloy wheels, recently re-furbished in Anthracite in great condition with no scrapes or kerbing, 2 have fairly new Avon ZZ3 tyres which are less than 8month old, the other two have premium tyres which still have plenty of life left (one michelin one kumho from memory). I am thinking £550 will supply with wheelnuts and locking nuts.

Volvo upper strut brace - £30

Ferrita Stainless Cat back exhaust with newish stainless standard volvo tip, new exhaust clamps and rubbers when fitted last xmas - £250

RICA T5 ECU manual - £120

Rear bumper (few minor scrapes) with genuine parking sensors fitted, including the parking sensor control module (easy fit) and speaker -£75

Thinner style of Roof Bars with all fittings - £30

Sachs supertouring shocks (OEM) with -30mm APEX springs and SKF top mounts, all but springs new 10months ago, about 4000miles i think. Have the receipts for them all. Set of 4 - £150

Front hubs with wheel bearings replaced 18months ago, about 7500miles, £50

Wishbones changed with wheel bearings above £50

Genuine volvo cross bars to fit the above - £30

302mm front brakes, ferrodo grooved discs, DS2500 pads, well used but lots of life left, include blue painted calipers, 302mm carriers discs and pads - £75

Blue painted rear calipers with R logos, DS2500 pads and Ferrodo grooved discs - £50

Towtrust towbar - fitted myself last year with all bolts and fittings - £40

Audio Package: SC805 head unit with Alpine Changer, changer lead, interface for alpine changer, factory amp for main speakers, JVC 2 channel amp for sub (fitted below boot floor) discreet 10" sub fitted into a home built enclosure which fits in the rear left hand side of the V70 boot (will supply the small floor panel which it fits and is hinged too - £175

Black Leather and Suede interior I believe from an XC, electric memory drivers seat, both front seats heated, includes all the seats and door cards. Really good condition with only minimal wear to drivers seat, cargo nets in back seat - £150

Black Dashboard with carbon fibre look vinyl on centre section, glove box and centre console, I did this myself, everyone who has seen it thinks its a really good look. Includes leather armrest with cup holders - £100

Set of LEDs to convert all interior lights inc bootlight £10

Working ABS/TRACS controller and pump £40

Engine and gearbox, currently on 163k but uses no oil or water runs lovely other than the fault light for the MAF sensor, although still using everyday and its running no different, have a folder full of history but is due a service and cambelt - Offers

All the usual bits for sale from the car, everything currently works except for the air con due to the usual rotten evaporator behind the dash. Will be very sad to see it go but needs must. If anyone wants the windscreen and wants to pay for it to be removed then they can have it quite cheaply.

As i said I will be breaking it around the new year but need to make sure I have sufficient interest in bits first as will only have a week window to remove bits and scrap shell. As im using it everyday at the moment it can be seen running etc and can get photos of any bits.

Open to offers on all bits and willing to do deals on multiple bits.

Cheers Steve

1991 205 GTi Road Car

Last edited by rallysteve; Dec 7th, 2012 at 10:33.
rallysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 10:06   #2
rickardrydell

Hello,

I have the same car and would be very interested in the following...

Wing mirror back covers...mine too is coral red.

Volvo upper strut brace - £30

Plus several interior minor parts.
rickardrydell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 10:15   #3
rallysteve
Master Member

Yeah thats no problem although I would rather sell the wing mirrors complete, the rest of the interior bits are in great condition and I have the genuine grey floor mats and the carpets are the XC ones so are waterproof backed.

Steve

1991 205 GTi Road Car
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 10:50   #4
Ruthlessgk

If its the right colour what is the front and rear bumper condition like?
also how much for the 2 to pick up as im in Sheffield and someone i know has a pink volvo v70 lol
Zaff
Old Dec 7th, 2012, 10:57   #5
rallysteve
Master Member

Front bumper not good im afraid its broken at the bottom but can do it with the fog lights in and plastic girlles which are fine for £20, rear one is in the list above with the parking sensors, has a few scuffs and chips but reasonably presentable.

Rest of the bodywork is good though if you need other panels, spoiler is fine, tailgate is fine and does not have any badges on (rear heated window also works nicely). Bonnet has a few stone chips.

Cheers Steve

1991 205 GTi Road Car
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 20:19   #6
7 Seat Sports Car

Hi Steve,

I'd be interested in the front hub/bearing for drivers side but if you don't wanna split the pair I'm prepared to take both.

Also could do with a radiator as although mine works it has snapped one of its plastic mounting lugs off the passenger side that hold it onto the subframe.

I'm in Lincoln so not too far away.

Oh and I have a spare cam belt that hasn't been used (long story) if you decide you are not breaking your car. Fiver + postage. ;-)

Cheers

Drew
7 Seat Sports Car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8th, 2012, 20:49   #7
Merc85
Premier Member

How much for complete car? and pic's

HLM304, Forge unos 17.5psi at 3.8 bar, 18t, Me7 Manifold, Blues, Walbro, De-cat, Ported n Polished Head, 3" Dp stainlesss exhaust, Carbon Air intake, Polly Bushed thoughout.
Merc85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 08:55   #8
deeiow

hiya intrested in the rad with the built in oilcooler??? how much please
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 09:20   #9
rallysteve
Master Member

Hi all, I will get some exterior pics sorted later on today and some others when I get home on tuesday.

The radiator should be good, although I'm not sure it has the oil cooler as I thought it was only fitted to automatics?

Hub bearings would rather sell the pair if that's okay?

I'm open to offers on the complete car, MOT is until start of September which it went through with no advisories. I was thinking £1250 for the complete car with the roof cross bars and a trailer numberplate.

Cheers steve

1991 205 GTi Road Car
Old Dec 9th, 2012, 14:35   #10
XRAY-CHARLIE-TWO

Sorely tempted but i must resist
XRAY-CHARLIE-TWO is offline   Reply With Quote